Mass Magnet-Link Production ?

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

Stacker

Post by Stacker » 2004-12-23 00:19

I have a file called HashIndex.xml

I opened it, 14,000 lines/files. I noticed the TTH was listed as well as the filename corresponding to that hash, file size, date/time acquired, client, drive it is stored on, and maybe 5 other items.

Now at the top of the file is the coding info, it is a valid .xml file. At the bottom, same thing.
In a text editor, I deleted the top and bottom junk. I now have a complete listing of all my files. But it is an XML file, and Open Office is not properly reading it as a spreadsheet.

What I do have for each file looks like this:

Code: Select all

<File Name="\\DESKTOP\hdc1\DC++\Software\pcANYWHERE v1.02 for Windows CE.exe" Size="1296709" TimeStamp="1050660952"><Hash Type="TTH" Index="7824896" LeafSize="65536" Root="HT6DO5C2AFRVY7R6F6GGLTRG5M7NDJUSSLCLIHY"/></File>

Now, all we need is someone who can find a way to put that into a spreadsheet accurately enough that all the areas are seperated by columns, right?

It would need to be seperated with a few different delimiters, Specifically like this:

Code: Select all

| " | " | = |   | = | > | = |   | = |   | = |   | " | " |
Then colums could be moved, or deleted. Simply insert a column here and there around the file name and TTH, so that when merged together they would all be links.

This would work right??
Please somebody tell me they know how to use a spreadsheet better than me. I can't get the text to columns thing to work for me.

Sedulus
Forum Moderator

Post by Sedulus » 2004-12-23 16:02

what does the title have of your post have to do with the contents of your post?

if it's mass magnet link creation you're after, you should look at tthsum (google)
http://dc.selwerd.nl/hublist.xml.bz2
http://www.b.ali.btinternet.co.uk/DCPlusPlus/index.html (TheParanoidOne's DC++ Guide)
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/dc (BSOD2600's Direct Connect FAQ)

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Re: Mass Magnet-Link Production ?

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-12-27 11:56

Stacker wrote:Please somebody tell me they know how to use a spreadsheet better than me. I can't get the text to columns thing to work for me.
I'd guess that the most recent versions of the various Office products have the best XML support of any - your guess is as good as mine in how you intend to get them to import the Hash Index XML correctly.

Thankfully, Sedulus has a real suggestion.

Stacker

Post by Stacker » 2004-12-27 19:43

Sedulus wrote:what does the title have of your post have to do with the contents of your post?
Should I have changed the title from
to
Will this work for Mass Magnet-Link Production ?

To me it all looks the same??
The contents of the post were in my opinion directly related to the question the topic was concerning... making it work.
Sedulus wrote:if it's mass magnet link creation you're after, you should look at tthsum (google)
Thank you very much for the link. I have searched for a very long time on Google looking some magnetic link posting, with no luck. Usually I find what I am searching for quite fast. I never heard of the project, but I will definately be checking it out! Thank you very much. :)