Hashing suggestion

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

noozy

Hashing suggestion

Post by noozy » 2004-10-23 02:08

Hi everyone,

I use DC++ for a few months (acutally I use DC++ 0.4034). And I have several suggestion for hasing files:

1) Is there a problem to set maximum speed for hashing? I have slow computer, and hashing slow it so much that I cannot (or I have to wait for long long time to) run any applications. Maximum speed for hashing option will be usefull for me and maybe for somebody else.

2) Sometimes I have to move my shared files to another directory (to catalogize it - I like to have everythings composed :)). With every my move I have to refresh shared files list. Then DC++ starts hashing files that have been hashed before - it is not necessary! Maybe DC++ could create small files with TTH root for each shared file. Name of this file could be "filename.ext.TTH" or anything else. This file should not be shared, of course. Those files may prevents for several hashing same file and I could move my shared file (with TTH root file) and everything will works great! :)

Best regards and waitin for reply,
noozy

PS. Sorry for my english...

ullner
Forum Moderator

Re: Hashing suggestion

Post by ullner » 2004-10-23 02:28

Setting maximum speed already exists. Check your settings.

How do you expect DC++ to know it's the same file if you have moved it or renamed it?
The idea with TTH was that the name and size shouldn't matter.

noozy

Post by noozy » 2004-10-23 05:29

Ok, I found it. I've just missed it. Thanks. :)