Share option

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

kadeeke

Share option

Post by kadeeke » 2004-10-15 17:01

I know It has been asked before (about 2 yrs ago) and I also know you've made up your mind about it and I also know its in the rejected features. BUT, would you please reconsidder it? It would be an awesome functionality in dc++. I've talked about it with Groover (you know, he's the hub owner of Variousland) and we both had kind of the same idea at the same moment:

Wouldn't it be great if we could specify our share for each hub we're in? What we thought about is a general share but with an option (propertie?) in each hub to change your shared folders. Each hub has its own rules and these rules are diferent from one hub to another. so it happens a lot that you're kicked in one hub cause your share is build upon the rules of another.

Now perhaps you can have a pol or something about this feature? We're sure it would be apreciated.

kind regards

Kadeeke

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2004-10-15 17:40

The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Re: Share option

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-10-15 20:01

kadeeke wrote:BUT, would you please reconsidder it?
I suggest you search this forum. You will see that it's complicated enough that only one DC++ mod has ever tried it, and from what I hear, it never got it working properly.

It's very hard to figure out which hub a user came from in the NMDC protocol. In ADC hubs, it will be easier to track connections, and so a mod that wants to make this feature will have an easier time doing so.

Todi
Forum Moderator

Re: Share option

Post by Todi » 2004-10-16 02:22

kadeeke wrote:I've talked about it with Groover (you know, he's the hub owner of Variousland)
Sure, we know all hubowners individually.... what?