Millions of filelists when alternatesearching.Please fix.

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

hanek

Millions of filelists when alternatesearching.Please fix.

Post by hanek » 2004-10-14 17:25

if i have an incomplete file in the download queue, and i search for alternates:
let´s say about a 100 people have the same file.DC starts to download all the filelists with speed about a 0,5 kb or less :shock: .And then my ongoing downloads halt to 0 kb and stop.Pretty annoying. :evil: How about when searching alternates, new filelists would download only from users with open slots :?: :idea: :D

hanek

well

Post by hanek » 2004-10-14 17:37

well i can of course limit the simultaneous downloads.but still dc starts downloading many useless filelists from many users without free slots, and the alternate download won´t start as fast as possible.

And limiting simultaneous downloads, to 10 or something, with my 1mbit connection,will limit free alternate searching download slots to sbout 3. Then these slots might be jammed with filelists from unslotted users by speed of 70 b/s.

spacelordmf

Post by spacelordmf » 2004-10-15 02:08

:oops: :oops: :oops:

I feel a bit embarrased but I too have this problem and no solution I'm afraid. Why does DC++ in the new version promp and download all these stupid "File lists" ? I don't know how to set the darn thing up so it wont. Can somebody help me and Hanek with this ?

Many regards
Nick
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
"No can do. I will be dining with Penelope tonite"

Todi
Forum Moderator

Post by Todi » 2004-10-15 02:18

Settings -> Advanced -> Automatically match queue...

Note: In the DC++ mod fulDC you can limit the number of filelists to match against. The reason for matching your queue against filelists is to limit the number of searches. I.e, if one user has one of the files in your queue, it's not unlikely he might have more of them, especially when downloading rar-archives. If we match the queue, we can add him as a source to all those files without searching for every single one.

spacelordmf

Post by spacelordmf » 2004-10-15 02:59

Thanks Todi for your swift reply. :lol:

I'll try this when I return to my homebase

Cheers and nice weekend

Nick
"No can do. I will be dining with Penelope tonite"