features needed if dc++ is to succeed.

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

metrix

features needed if dc++ is to succeed.

Post by metrix » 2003-03-07 22:32

Allright, dc is a fine protocol, and dc++ is an o implemantation, but in order to move ahead, we need multi-source downloading and checksum verification of files in the main program. not in a clone, or patch, cause most hubs are stingy and won't allow them.

So, we need checksum support for all files, I propose SHA-1, and then we need multisource downloading, ala dcgui, you can look at the code to seehow it is done.

The people saying wah wah don't do this slow users cant get slots is false, it will only help, as fast users(who should get priority) will get it faster, leaving slots open or dialup leechers.

This should not even be under discussion.

Splicer

Post by Splicer » 2003-03-07 23:01

Is there an echo in this forum?

Im sure i've seen this before. :?
"Tomorrow sees undone, what happens not today. Indecision brings delays. Days lost lamenting lost days"

"I’m getting some kind of sick pleasure out of watching her squirm!?!........must be a perk!"

metrix

Post by metrix » 2003-03-08 00:08

No doubt you have, I have only seen it here and there, I felt it needed to be stated clearly in a seperate thread to get the attention it deserves.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-03-08 09:37

metrix wrote:No doubt you have, I have only seen it here and there, I felt it needed to be stated clearly in a seperate thread to get the attention it deserves.
Well, actually those of us who can code this in have been talking about it elsewhere.