New Dowload system?

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

paCman

New Dowload system?

Post by paCman » 2003-03-07 00:32

Realy this is the most anoying thing about your software, that is it's current queue system with Low,Med,High priority.

What I think that you need is a ftp style of a system, even if you would take the most basic, witch is sorted by user, then files from that user, I don't like the way it is now all files from all users "it's a mess"

Allso what comes from this system is what files you choose to dl first, instead of seting the file you wish to dl first to "high" priority then restart the program reconnect to make it begin that file if you began queueing something else, it's mutch easyer to place it at the top of the queue.

I would realy like to see this someday, or please post me a comment on how you think this/other system should make DC++ a better and easyer to use.

Iceman[grrrr]
Forum Moderator

Post by Iceman[grrrr] » 2003-03-07 06:54

well I think it is more easy to with dl sorted on files and not people as I can have up to 20 people for the same file...

also, you doesn'y have to reconnect after priority change, just close the dl slot and force it open after that to have your highest priority queued file for that user begin.

and a system with relative piority for each file is already request in the trackers and may be discussed on the board... search for it if you wish! ;)
DC++ QoS Person

mo
Forum Moderator

Post by mo » 2003-03-07 09:07

Iceman[grrrr] wrote:I can have up to 20 people for the same file...
Agree, the way the dl queue is displayed now is probably the better of the two, if you have to chose one.

But it would be nice to have the users as the root of the treeview in some cases.
i.e. When I have a slot from someone, I like to better prioritize what I'm downloading from them.
It can be difficult if that spans over many directories