Download queue: Group by users

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

malote

Download queue: Group by users

Post by malote » 2004-10-02 08:17

It would be cool to see what files have you queued to download from each user, in a tree scheme.

Right now, there is to look manually for the user's name in every list, in every subfolder of the download queue. That takes a lot of time.

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2004-10-02 12:15

I seem to recall a request for this being made in the old feature tracker, but as far as I am aware, it hasn't been added to Bugzilla. So feel free to add it.
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

Guitarm
Forum Moderator

Post by Guitarm » 2004-10-02 12:57

Hm, this puts the focus on the user, not the file. I don't know about that....but, oh well

Ps. I've done a super-mega-ugly-monster-hack that makes it possible to search for a user on hublist.org from whereever there's a user/nickname in DC++.

Reasons why it's a stupid feature:
1. It's a monster-mega-ugly hack. (Yes, I'm a nOOb programmer)
2. It's against the "policy" of saving bandwidth on the hubs/hublists/hublist.org
3. I don't even use it myself, I'ts meaningless. I did it for educational purposes and just because I could :)
4. I'ts too leechy in it's nature
5. I'm supposed to download from the hubs but...I don't find it amusing anymore. (yes, IVULBUBAR, I agree)
"Nothing really happens fast. Everything happens at such a rate that by the time it happens, it all seems normal."