Feature request: File specific download folders

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

TicK

Feature request: File specific download folders

Post by TicK » 2004-09-05 23:05

I don't know what you call it but like mIRC, it'd be nice to have the option that automatically places specified types of files in predetermined folders...ie all .nfo files in /download/nfo/ and all .jpg,.gif,.png files goto /download/images/ etc...

Todi
Forum Moderator

Post by Todi » 2004-09-06 02:00

Sounds increadibly messy. A better feature would be to be able to download to predetermined folders, so you wouldn't have to browse for them all the time. Several mods have this feature.

Btw, kindly remove the advertising from your signature.

TicK

Post by TicK » 2004-09-06 03:01

I'm not sure but I think we're talking about the same thing...the issue is I keep my mp3 downloads and my movie downloads on different drives. It'd be nice if I didn't have to keep moving files between hds and have them written directly on each drive.

If that's what you're talking about, can you recommend a mod that has this option? I'm new to DC++ and I've only been using the original version.

I checked before placing the ad in my sig and I thought they were allowed no?

"A small discrete addie in your signature is ok, the point is that I don't want posts containing only a hub addie, i e make sure to write something useful as well!"

Todi
Forum Moderator

Post by Todi » 2004-09-06 04:00

fulDC has the feature i mentioned.

Advertising something that benefits you is probably useful for you, but not to anyone else ;) If you want to advertise here, you have to pay a percentage of the profits to arnetheduck.

TicK

Post by TicK » 2004-09-06 19:05

Thanks, I'll try it out.

Actually the webhost I advertised is free for everyone and the only thing I (or any other affiliate) benfit is an increase of 100mb/mo bandwidth for every 200 visitors. What's your criteria for an valid ad?

If arnetheduck wants a piece of the action I'd be happy to host a couple pics for him when I hit 200 (i'm at 15 right now) :lol: