DC-Hub-MSG: Your nick was already taken, please change ....

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

Xeo

DC-Hub-MSG: Your nick was already taken, please change ....

Post by Xeo » 2003-03-03 03:11

Hi all,

one Feature I have been waiting for since last year February is that DC++ tries to reconnect automatically if the message "Your nick was already taken, please change to something else" appears on the screen.
My problem is that I use an internet-provider who disconnects every 24h and DC++ wants to reconnect on the used hubs after disconnection (this is correctly) but the hubs don't realize that I got disconnected and not logged off and they don't let me in until they realized that the user is not longer online.
This takes often up to 10minutes after disconnection (Timeout-time).
The reason why DC++ doesn't try to reconnect is that the hubs print the message but don't disconnect my client - if the hub disconnected the client DC++ would try again and it would working.

Please (!!!!!) integrate the tremendous important feature that the DC++ client disconnects if the message "Your nick was already taken, please change to something else" appears. After disconnection DC++ should try again to connect on the hubs.

Thank you!

For further questions please mail your mail to: [email protected]

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Re: DC-Hub-MSG: Your nick was already taken, please change .

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-03-03 12:05

Xeo, did you even read the forum before suggesting this? If not, please do that in the future. There's a request for this same feature just a couple posts down!

:-D

Xeo

Re: DC-Hub-MSG: Your nick was already taken, please change .

Post by Xeo » 2003-03-03 13:01

GargoyleMT wrote:Xeo, did you even read the forum before suggesting this? If not, please do that in the future. There's a request for this same feature just a couple posts down!

:-D
Although I overflew 3 pages of this forum I didn't see the other requesting. Now I have seen it :)

But - To be honest the answers of the other request aren't quite helpful ;)

The only thing which must be done is to disconnect by receiving the message "Your nick blablabla" - and nothing more. DC++ will reconnect self after getting disconnected.

Thx

Iceman[grrrr]
Forum Moderator

Post by Iceman[grrrr] » 2003-03-04 10:21

DC++ QoS Person

Phantom

Post by Phantom » 2003-03-04 15:53

I did a bug report
Its not really a bug is it? I would have thought this would be more in the RFE section.[/quote]

Iceman[grrrr]
Forum Moderator

Post by Iceman[grrrr] » 2003-03-04 17:04

eeee... well it's kind of a bug... :?
well anyway, better chances of getting it fixed if in the bugs section! 8)

and since I manage those boards, It won't bother me héhé
DC++ QoS Person