DC++ more settings

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

Longhorn

DC++ more settings

Post by Longhorn » 2004-08-14 16:27

I like DC++ very much, and it would be cool for it to have some (a bit sillyer) settings like CZDC++ has (colors, fonts, sounds, etc...).

And one more thing, it would be really nice to have DC++ remember the order and size of the categories in the search window (like User, Connection, Size, Slots, Hub, Path, etc...).

Thanx!

PseudonympH
Forum Moderator

Re: DC++ more settings

Post by PseudonympH » 2004-08-14 23:21

Longhorn wrote:I like DC++ very much, and it would be cool for it to have some (a bit sillyer) settings like CZDC++ has (colors, fonts, sounds, etc...).
I say no to this. Vanilla DC++ is more about powerful backend than nifty flashing lights. That's something that should stay in modland.
And one more thing, it would be really nice to have DC++ remember the order and size of the categories in the search window (like User, Connection, Size, Slots, Hub, Path, etc...).
from the setting file (DCPlusPlus.xml):

Code: Select all

<SearchFrameOrder type="string">0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10</SearchFrameOrder>
<SearchFrameWidths type="string">399,100,78,80,408,42,70,150,96,100,310</SearchFrameWidths>
Looks like they're saved already. This might be just a BCDC++ thing since that's what I'm actually using, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't have been patched back to vanilla.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Re: DC++ more settings

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-08-15 09:52

PseudonympH wrote:I say no to this. Vanilla DC++ is more about powerful backend than nifty flashing lights. That's something that should stay in modland.
Colors implies a richedit chat control, which DC++ won't get any time soon (or at all, in all likely hood).
PseudonympH wrote:This might be just a BCDC++ thing since that's what I'm actually using, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't have been patched back to vanilla.
It shouldn't be. But if you have multiple search windows, the sizes from the last one closed will be the one that's saved. I think this may cause user confusion, but is completely intuitive once you know that there's only one setting for the search window sizes, and the sizes are saved when closing the window.

BigDil

Post by BigDil » 2004-08-16 18:49

I think the guy meant remembering what column the results were ordered by, too. This would be a nice feature. Same thing in download queue window. :)

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-08-20 11:49

BigDil wrote:I think the guy meant remembering what column the results were ordered by, too. This would be a nice feature. Same thing in download queue window. :)
True, though even re-reading the original post with that as the meaning doesn't quite fit.

Storing sort order for closed windows is a request in the old feature tracker, but nobody has put it in the new tracker (and thus, nobody's voted for it). :)