Expanded or Collapsed QueueFrame?

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

Guitarm
Forum Moderator

Expanded or Collapsed QueueFrame?

Post by Guitarm » 2004-07-31 16:21

I don't know if this has been discussed (I've searched but not found anything exactly like it).
Personally I would like the QueueFrame tree collapsed at startup, or maybe toggleable. Ok, you might see this as a small issue but I've been a bit annoyed when starting DC++ and having some deepdiving directories saved. To me it's a bit more logical to have it collapsed at startup and expanded thereafter, not the opposite.

Views, anyone ?
"Nothing really happens fast. Everything happens at such a rate that by the time it happens, it all seems normal."

BSOD2600
Forum Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 » 2004-07-31 17:43

BCDC does this, I believe.

Guitarm
Forum Moderator

Post by Guitarm » 2004-08-01 05:23

Ok, I'll give BCDC a try then. But would there be any chance to get it into DC++ ?. I'ts just a changing of one flag in one row of code. Should I make a patch of such a small thing or do I use the Bugzilla site to try to "get it in there" ?. I kinda like the arnetheduckvariantofdc++ and would like to stick to it but......Well, have some things changed as so many others..... :)

Regards
"Nothing really happens fast. Everything happens at such a rate that by the time it happens, it all seems normal."

Todi
Forum Moderator

Post by Todi » 2004-08-01 05:37

I believe DC++ started by doing this, but then changed behaviour. If there was a reason behind the change, it probably won't be reversed. But you never know =)

Guitarm
Forum Moderator

Post by Guitarm » 2004-08-01 05:49

OK, thanks for the info. I just looked at when you open, for instance, explorer (not inet one) all of your folders/dirs are collapsed (except for my documents) so in that tradition I wanted to have DC++ sharing the "standard" but.......Well, I know everyone wants this and that and so forth. I'ts just a bit annoying to change things myself and then have to patch every new version of DC++ with my own patches. But I'll live with it :)

Regards