match queue

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

SasMan

match queue

Post by SasMan » 2004-06-13 16:04

When you right click on a file in your queue there should be a button "search for alternates with free slots". Then you dont have to download 100 filelist for a small file, where it takes longer time to download the list that downloading the app/game whatever. This is good when you have auto match queue on.
SasMan

PseudonympH
Forum Moderator

Post by PseudonympH » 2004-06-14 14:51

Or you could, like, turn off auto match queue. Personally, for small files I only choose whoever has a free slot because I tend to care less about the quality when it's a small file. Anyway, it's not at all hard to manually match queue from search results; all you need is a shift key and 4 mouse clicks.

Possibly something like only auto-matching queue when there is more than one item added to the queue at the same time would be the way to go. That way it wouldn't be done when you're getting lone files. Now that I could go for.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-06-14 18:23

PseudonympH wrote:Possibly something like only auto-matching queue when there is more than one item added to the queue at the same time would be the way to go.
This would be a pretty decent way to do it, or so I've thought in the past. It should work for almost everyone's downloading style, at least.

SasMan

answer to PseudonympH

Post by SasMan » 2004-06-15 11:00

I think match queue automaticly is a good feature. The thing about computers is to make stuff easier, so why not implements this feature? Why should I turn of auto match queue when i think it's good? If you are downloading an app that is like 20 MB then you don't want to download 100 file lists, you want to downliad only the ones that are usefull. So my feature suggestion is good, and needed according to me.
SasMan

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-06-15 17:45

Yes, Match Queue may be changed in the future to try to avoid the situation where file lists are downloaded just to add a user as a source for a single file.