kickmessage with automatic implement of the path.

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

KLesK

kickmessage with automatic implement of the path.

Post by KLesK » 2003-02-22 15:26

i've wrote this feature in oDC-forum a while ago, dunno if he want to implement it.

Here's my suggestion,

i think it is very important feature to easy up for users and operators on hub

for example i search for a file that contains in a game i.e pak0.pak , that are from the quake,quake2 engine,and get 40 hits, i don't want to write down manually on every kickmessages where the game is installed. so i usual kick like this

Original Kickmessage

[13:15:23] <[OP]erator> [OP]erator is kicking [DC]User because: installed games
[13:15:23] <Hub-Security> The user [DC]User was kicked by [OP]erator. IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Kickmessage with automatic path where the game is found on search

[13:15:23] <[OP]erator> [OP]erator is kicking [DC]User because: installed games [ Path : sierra\counter-Strike\valve\ ]
[13:15:23] <Hub-Security> The user [DC]User was kicked by [OP]erator. IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

why i think it is important is because that User who get's kicked know where to look, and i think it's get more effective of them if they know where it is. (Lazy users i know) :x
and as a operator he/she doesn't explain to the users who get kicked where the game was ,

maybe to set up a 'checkbox like 'only users with free slot' but it would be like 'only hub's where i have OP ,( sometimes you don't to get any hit from the hub's you didn't have OP, maybe you are [vip] or just an ordinary user) and just one hit from every users so it doesn't be to hard to write down where the file are located

I've noticed that sometimes the kick & redirect commands Doesn't work in the searchfield, i AM operator on that hub,and the user is still there. pretty annoying if you have selected 25different users and want to kick them out ,but didn't get the kick-commands :x , so it would be better to always have the kick/redirect commands (where i have OP) get to work, but i'm not so familiar with C++ so i don't know how easy this feature is :roll: