AMIP on DC++

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

mrcury

AMIP on DC++

Post by mrcury » 2004-05-25 16:48

How can I pass variables from the WinAmp plug-in AMIP to a user command in DC++ chat?
Is there a way to make a user command display data from clipboard or that can be pasted by hotkeys? TIA

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-05-25 18:21

Display data on the clipboard through hotkeys - other than the windows standard Control-V and Shift-Insert ones? No.

Several DC++ clones have my /winamp feature included. I think that feature is a column in the product matrix in BSOD's faq on dslreports.

Borlag

Post by Borlag » 2004-05-25 21:41

Copied and pasted straight from the AMIP-plugin guide I've made:

First go to http://amip.tools-for.net/index.php?content=download and download the AMIP-plugin for your version of Winamp. All 2.x and 5.x versions of Winamp use the amip_current.zip, Winamp 3.x uses amip_wa3.zip.

Once you've downloaded and installed that do the following:

1. Go to Winamp Preferences from the Options menu
2. from there look under the Plugins -> General Purpose
3. Choose Advanced mIRC Integration Plug-In and press Configure selected plug-in
4. You will see a box of options, from there look for the box in the bottom with the number buttons, choose #5.
5. Insert this script in the box below:
Now Playing: %pos. %name [%min:%sec~m/%br~Kbps]

Note that you can replace the "Now Playing" with anything you wish.

Explanations for the other parts:
%pos - Shows the songs position in your playlist.
%name - Shows the artist and the name of the song (for example AC/DC - Thunderstruck)
%min and %sec - Shows the duration of the song
%1 - Shows the artist name for the song playing.
%2 - Shows the songs name.
%3 - Shows the songs track number in the album.
%4 - Shows the album name for the song playing.
%5 - Shows the year the album was made.
%br - Shows the bitrate of the song.
%sr - Shows the sample rate of the song.

All other characters are completely optional, the symbol ~ is used to separate the commands (%1, %name etc) from the other characters, meaning %br~Kbps shows 128Kbit for a song instead of 128~Kbit.

Whenever you wish to let others in chat know what you're listening to, press <ctrl>+<alt>+<z> keys simultaneously, this will copy the text for you on the chat. Note that this also works for any area where you can type something including chats, e-mails etc

So...in other words, AMIP already has hotkeys for what you want, you just have to enable them by using the numbered script spots for them.

Oh and yes, due to the literally hundreds of questions about AMIP in the hubs I operate, I had to create a howto guide for it :)[/quote]
"Save a tree, Eat a beaver"