Search for alternates

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

MiSiL

Search for alternates

Post by MiSiL » 2004-05-25 01:01

I have an idea about an searchfunction:

When you searching for something i would like to exclude the users i've got in my que and only search for fresh users. :)
This function might be changed with a checkbox right under "only users with free slots"
or somthing similar to that.

It would be great in some cases when you got alot of people in your que and dont want do drag alot of unnecessary userlists. What do you think..?
Hello world.

Wisp

Re: Search for alternates

Post by Wisp » 2004-05-25 03:36

So dc++ should only display users where he has not downloaded the filelist from?

or only display users which are not anywhere in the download queue, in that case it is possible that a user who is already in the download queue, still can provide a source for another file in your download queue

another thing is that the filelist of a user might have changed since the last time that it was checked, there is a possibility that a match queue of the new filelist will match new files

so i don't think the feature would be usefull

MiSiL

Post by MiSiL » 2004-05-25 10:09

well, i think that when you downloading a movie with like 20 users in your que and you want to get the "last ones" it would be useful.. and nothing "big" just a minor checkbox or somthing like that :?
Hello world.

Naga

Post by Naga » 2004-05-25 10:31

But if you search for alternatives DC++ downloads the file lists from users that have new matches not all users... All the users that already are listed as a source will be ignored. So your function is already implemented. (At least as far as I can see)
Thanks to all open source programmers!
They enable the rest of us to learn a lot!