tth mysql interfacing

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

cveld

tth mysql interfacing

Post by cveld » 2004-05-20 18:38

What I would like is that I can configure dc++ to use an odbc interface for storing the tth keys that dc++ generates. Then I can use the generated tth keys for other purposes (I have my own php/mysql-based mediafiles-searchengine).

And, ideally, perhaps it encourages other filesharing tools in the market to use the same principle also so that a centric repository is realised for storing the tth keys or other formats like md5.

Todi
Forum Moderator

Post by Todi » 2004-05-20 19:38

I'm not sure what kind of format DC++ uses in HashData.dat, but you should be able to easily parse the data from files.xml. However, i don't think your feature will happen due to bloating. But you never know..

Guitarm
Forum Moderator

Post by Guitarm » 2004-05-21 03:49

What you could do is to study the source where TTH's are generated, I believe it's 192 bit Tiger Tree Hashed values. I haven't studied the subject enought myself to be able to say something intelligent about it but I know other people in this forum have the knowledge to take the explaination a bit further.

This webpage describes it http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~biham/Reports/Tiger/

Regards
"Nothing really happens fast. Everything happens at such a rate that by the time it happens, it all seems normal."