Rollback inconsistency

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

crysla

Rollback inconsistency

Post by crysla » 2004-05-13 21:58

this is really useful, however to delete the whole file and redownload is annoying, esp on dialup connections. my suggestion is for dc++ to delete the last few bytes of a file when it finds a rollback inconsistency and try again. a user should be able to specify how many bytes to delete and how many times to try. i have a feeling that rollback inconsistency may be a result of disconnection etc, and thus its not the whole file that is wrong, but only the last few bytes.

i'm gonna use my hex editor on my avi file and see if this works, if it does, i'll post here again.

Thx
>Si

Xan1977
Forum Moderator

Post by Xan1977 » 2004-05-13 22:50

You can use Cutoff for now. But, TTH will replace the current error checking system, so I guess DC++ doesn't need a rollback or a cutoff system, per say.

vellu

Re: Rollback inconsistency

Post by vellu » 2004-05-15 13:53

crysla wrote: i have a feeling that rollback inconsistency may be a result of disconnection etc, and thus its not the whole file that is wrong, but only the last few bytes.
Zone Alarm firewall is also known to sometimes mess up downloads , especially resumed ones.