sample files

Archived discussion about features (predating the use of Bugzilla as a bug and feature tracker)

Moderator: Moderators

SasMan

sample files

Post by SasMan » 2004-05-07 15:12

I think rar-hubs in dc would enjoy this feature.

Well request is as following:

I think all users should have 1 extra slot for sample files for movies. I mean 1 slot that you only can download samples on. This way you dont need to wait for a sample for such a long time, when there are no slots and you want to check the quality of a movie before downloading
SasMan

BSOD2600
Forum Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 » 2004-05-07 15:56

This is a very specific case and thusly would not make a good feature for everyone. Furthermore, I would not like someone getting a slot to download a ~12MB file automatically.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Re: sample files

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-05-16 15:23

SasMan wrote:This way you dont need to wait for a sample for such a long time, when there are no slots and you want to check the quality of a movie before downloading
Hmm, if checking the quality entails, solely, knowing codecs, lengths, and a few other details you can glean from the AVI/OGM/MKV header, then implementing meta-data gathering and returning in search results is a much more pleasant way to solve this problem.

Lookup of TTH roots at bitzi is another nice metric for quality.

I'm a 128kbit user, don't share movies, and would not be thrilled at 12mb movie previews automatically slowing down my uploads.