SubDirectory in ADLSearch

Use this forum to flesh out your feature request before you enter it in <a href="http://dcpp.net/bugzilla/">Bugzilla</a>.

Moderator: Moderators

Nova

SubDirectory in ADLSearch

Post by Nova » 2006-07-20 13:01

I have think about to have SubDirectory in ADLSearch like sameway that you have submenus in "UserCommands" that wuld be relly nice and userfull i think. Cuz when you have to mutch ADLSearch it be so easy only a "mass" in the users "filelist"

it works on this way

ADLSearch\Programs\BWMeter

-ADLSearch
--Programs
---BWMeter

Don´t you think that are a good requst and a nice feature... Please give me a feedback!

/Nova
Sorry my bad english...

poy

Post by poy » 2006-07-20 19:01

i think it's a good request because there is already something about this in the comments of the ADLSearch code; so whoever made this was already thinking about being able to group similar searches.

edit: and if you open ADLSearch.xml, you can notice a <SearchGroup> tag.
here is the comment i was remembering: "Predicted several groups of searches to be differentiated in multiple categories. Not implemented yet."

PseudonympH
Forum Moderator

Post by PseudonympH » 2006-07-20 19:07

You can set which directory search results will be put in in the dialog, and have been for quite some time. Wanting subdirectories, however, would be a valid request. Have you tried using '/' or '\' in the directory names? I'm not too familiar with the filelist code, but it's possible it might work.

Nova

Post by Nova » 2006-07-20 23:50

PseudonympH wrote:You can set which directory search results will be put in in the dialog, and have been for quite some time. Wanting subdirectories, however, would be a valid request. Have you tried using '/' or '\' in the directory names? I'm not too familiar with the filelist code, but it's possible it might work.
You mean it will be implanted? :D

'/' or '\' nothing of that work

PseudonympH
Forum Moderator

Post by PseudonympH » 2006-07-22 14:09

It could be if you put a well-worded request in the Bugzilla (link at top of page).

ivulfusbar

Post by ivulfusbar » 2006-07-22 14:15

If my memory doesn't fail me, ADLSearch has been somewhat unsupported for some time. Some rebuilding of it has been done. But i need a patch has to be sent for any work on it to be done. ;))
Everyone is supposed to download from the hubs, - I don´t know why, but I never do anymore.