Qn 4. Is a File Transfer Status review possible?

Use this forum to flesh out your feature request before you enter it in <a href="http://dcpp.net/bugzilla/">Bugzilla</a>.

Moderator: Moderators

Asc3nti0n
Account Disabled Due to Policy

Qn 4. Is a File Transfer Status review possible?

Post by Asc3nti0n » 2006-07-05 02:45

I little more proper english titles on the "download" statuses may be required. I think you've all done a great job getting the IEC Binary unit prefixes out there, I think the program is looking great. I think the program has a huge user base now that is not only GEEK and 1337 folk. I think for greater user understanding and homely feel, then a little more explanation in the exact file movements and process could be explained simply on the front user interface.

So Qn 4: Can the "Transfers" download status order and grammar be reviewed for greater information to the user?
Qn 2: b) ORR can another status be created on a file "Moving File".

This is a series of 4 Questions, Kinda interlinked, I wrote them as a single Query, but that will just confuse most, and make single feature requests misguided.
coz MacsRBest

imb

Post by imb » 2006-07-05 04:42

I've been considering other p2p clients, trying to work out why DC++ is supposedly so difficult to figure out for newbies. I notice that clients that are relatively easy to use, such as emule and soulseek, use text rather than pictures for their toolbar. I also think a reduction, to keep the more fundamental options there, might be a good way to go.
"Every Englishman must have a hobby. Some like to collect the stamp, some like to make the jam, but the most fun is to a kill a little animal with a shotgun or rip them up with wild dog."

Asc3nti0n
Account Disabled Due to Policy

Post by Asc3nti0n » 2006-07-05 05:01

nice. I am only a DC guy, internal network with expensive external links limits most P2P stuff, a server based browsable network is required inside LANs. So haven't gotten a chance to compare my ideas with our distant cousins

I suppose i really am hitting on making the interface to newbies and 1337 alike more explanitory. Icons are great when you want it to be cross-lingual, but nowadays the .exe has evolved to include it. That shouldn't be an issue with Langauge Files.

But i was more getting at was transparency in the process for getting a file from the remote users folder to yours.
coz MacsRBest

ullner
Forum Moderator

Re: Qn 4. Is a File Transfer Status review possible?

Post by ullner » 2006-07-05 05:21

Asc3nti0n wrote:Can the "Transfers" download status order and grammar be reviewed for greater information to the user?
I don't even understand the question. What grammar? What are you talking about?

lordadmira

Re: Qn 4. Is a File Transfer Status review possible?

Post by lordadmira » 2006-07-12 10:20

Asc3nti0n wrote:I think you've all done a great job getting the IEC Binary unit prefixes out there, I think the program is looking great.
No, that was an incredibly stupid and pedantic move. "Oh I'm so much more enlightened and correct than u cuz I write kiB!" PC run amuk.

LA
Anata ga baka da! Repent!

cologic
Programmer

Post by cologic » 2006-07-12 11:49

Stupid?