Qn 1. filename.extn.TTH.dctemp renamed to filename.extn

Use this forum to flesh out your feature request before you enter it in <a href="http://dcpp.net/bugzilla/">Bugzilla</a>.

Moderator: Moderators

Asc3nti0n
Account Disabled Due to Policy

Qn 1. filename.extn.TTH.dctemp renamed to filename.extn

Post by Asc3nti0n » 2006-07-05 02:39

I get home from work and notice that "C:\ is low on space" (C:\ is not my \WINDOWS partition this reinstall) but my Temporary Download Location is on C:\Temp

I notice in the ever useful "System Log" (which i leave booting at startup) that there has been many downloads in my temporary download location (which is not in my shares) there has been downloads that have been renamed from <filename>.<extn><TTH>.dctemp to <filename>.<extn>

Qn 1: By renaming it to the true filename, does this mean that the DC++ client has wiped it's hands of this file and doesn't have anything more planned for it? ie. It's not going to move it to the intended download location?
coz MacsRBest

Todi
Forum Moderator

Post by Todi » 2006-07-05 03:05

If the file has been renamed, DC++ is done with it. After it's been renamed, it's supposed to be moved to the intended download location. DC++ does not always do this, for some reason (if the target drive is full for instance, or something else stopped it from moving it). Sometimes DC++ doesn't even rename the file, it just leaves it.

Asc3nti0n
Account Disabled Due to Policy

Post by Asc3nti0n » 2006-07-05 03:09

Cheers, that's is what i thought will have happened. I think it's great that it renames anything that it recognises as a complete file of the named TTTHash. This query is a precursar to the other rants.
coz MacsRBest