instant connection-retry after connection closed

Use this forum to flesh out your feature request before you enter it in <a href="http://dcpp.net/bugzilla/">Bugzilla</a>.

Moderator: Moderators

namX

instant connection-retry after connection closed

Post by namX » 2006-05-09 14:23

Instant connection-retry after connection closed

Since there is the ability in DC++ to close running uploads, users sometimes are closing all running uploads to save upload capacity.
We all know that this is bad (even if they could be excuses for).
My idea is it to do an automatic reconnect after a user refuses a connection, so the user has to refuse the connection over and over again, till he leaves the hub or let it be (or he is using a leecher-client and does not care).

I hope that there was no similar proposal since I unfortunately have not been looking for ones. If this is so, it's alright so delete this post.

MfG namX

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2006-05-09 17:22

Report the user to the operator of the hub instead. DC++ having a workaround for bad hub management does not sit well with me.

There are legitimate bugs that cause that message. In them, no amount of reconnecting will get you a slot. In those situations, an instant (and automatic) reconnect is going to quickly hammer the remote user, and perhaps use up a great deal of your CPU and bandwidth. I think it's a bad idea.

ivulfusbar

Post by ivulfusbar » 2006-05-10 00:22

It will also make it possible to even more exploit dc++ as an DDoS application.
Everyone is supposed to download from the hubs, - I don´t know why, but I never do anymore.

namX

Post by namX » 2006-05-10 08:32

Okay, so back to squeal an the bad guy. :wink:

MfG namX
zwanglos signaturlos :D