un-share

Use this forum to flesh out your feature request before you enter it in <a href="http://dcpp.net/bugzilla/">Bugzilla</a>.

Moderator: Moderators

janebot

un-share

Post by janebot » 2006-05-08 02:05

I would like to see an option that would allow me to un-share my files so I could let people complete their d/ls without having any new ones start & either disconnect DC or shut down my computer. There would have to be some kind of check obviously, so you just can't un-share your files to be sneaky & go on a downloading spree while not sharing your own stuff. There was a P2P that had this & it worked great---if you un-shared, the minute you tried to d/l, it disabled that feature & all your files were "share-able" again. I can't even begin to count how many times I've sat like ForEveR doing my thing & get cut right off with only a fraction left on a download, it's Extremely frustrating! :( I try not to do that to people but sometimes, when ya gotta go---ya gotta Go!!

imb

Post by imb » 2006-05-08 05:43

It's not going to happen because hub owners don't want users in their hub at all if you have no share. Simply close the hub windows when your downloads are complete and that will leave your uploads going without any new ones starting.

Also if there was a close all windows when downloads are complete automatically option I think this would be abused. There would be less upload slots because the amount of people staying online would diminish. My 2p

janebot

Post by janebot » 2006-05-08 16:22

Hi & thank you for your 2P :)

If I close the hubs then all activity-uploads And downloads-close as well. I've never seen it work any other way. But if uploads could continue to completion without any new ones starting, I don't see how that's different from what I'm suggesting---it's not a "zero" share if I'm letting somebody upload from me, I just don't want any new ones starting & so far I haven't seen any other way but to cut them all off. I'm not suggesting that I could go back in & start trying to d/l without my own shares being available. I know it works because I've seen it in action & it was a great feature!

ullner
Forum Moderator

Post by ullner » 2006-05-09 02:14

janebot wrote:If I close the hubs then all activity-uploads
Most likely because you have enabled "Automatically disconnect users who leave the hub". (It's a bug that it disconnect even when you're leaving the hub.)

janebot

Post by janebot » 2006-05-09 21:31

Thank you, I'll try it & let you know! :)