improve result of searching ( DESCRIPTION), please

Use this forum to flesh out your feature request before you enter it in <a href="http://dcpp.net/bugzilla/">Bugzilla</a>.

Moderator: Moderators

lexodes

improve result of searching ( DESCRIPTION), please

Post by lexodes » 2006-04-05 09:30

Hi!
I have one simple proposition (for me and other users it is very important) to improve DC++ . After search a file there are some informations about it like: file name , user, type, size, patch etc , This informations are very useful to choose that file we are looking for, but for me the most important information is DESCRIPTION . But there isn’t this function, what make me very sad :(. Please add option “sort by description” after search .

sorry for my english :wink:

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2006-04-05 10:40

And exacly what would "description" be?

lexodes

Post by lexodes » 2006-04-05 11:29

joakim_tosteberg wrote:And exacly what would "description" be?
I don't understand Your question, joakim_tosteberg.
In main DC++ window (when we are in some hub) on the right side there is : Nick, shared, description etc. and we can sort by what we want.

After search we can't sort by description. We have local hub in my town, in description we have name of the street we are live in, and i want to sort who is livinig on that same street or near, because the transfer will be the best (up to 10 mb/s)

i don't know if you understand what i mean :(

SubversiveAgent

Post by SubversiveAgent » 2006-04-05 12:53

So you'd basically mash in the user information available in the right corner of the hub screen with the file information when looking at search results. Sounds like TMI to me.

But perhaps implement a "pick a column" function? Like "I don't need to see TTH but I do need to see slots and file name" sorta thing... just like any folder in windows.

Not exactly at the top of my DC++ wish list but... *shrugs*
I want your slot.

Xan1977
Forum Moderator

Post by Xan1977 » 2006-04-05 22:13

User Description doesn't get returned in search results, so there's the hurdle.

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2006-04-06 00:51

Why would you even *want* user description in search results? That makes no sense. Hence I interpreted the original post to mean that the person wants the ability to have descriptions added to files and have these descriptions appear in search results. Some clarification by lexodes would be nice.
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

lexodes

Post by lexodes » 2006-04-06 03:22

TheParanoidOne wrote:Why would you even *want* user description in search results? That makes no sense.
:?

"...wants the ability to have descriptions added to files and have these descriptions appear in search results..."

...We have local hub in my town, in description we have name of the street we are live in, and i want to sort (after search) the results by description so i will know than who is livinig on that same street or near, with whom I will have the best transfer of downloading ...For me that makes sense

Todi
Forum Moderator

Post by Todi » 2006-04-06 03:50

Unfortunately, it only makes sense to you. It would be utterly useless for the other 99.999% of DC users, and would just take up extra bandwidth. So, i'd say you'd have to make your own DC++ version with this feature for everyone in your hub.