Web interface for DCH++

DCH++ has been abandoned, this forum serves mainly as an archive

Moderator: Moderators

LispWarez

Web interface for DCH++

Post by LispWarez » 2005-11-25 06:06

i started using DCH++ a few weeks back and i think its great. only thing im not too happy with is that it doesnt have a GUI. But u have to make sacrifices for better software i guess. With this in mind i would like to suggest that DCH come with a built in webserver which can be accessed by the plugin interface. So if a plugin wants to use a webpage for its settings it can register with the plugin manager.
EG if someone goes to say http://127.0.0.1/ then DCH++ can give a simple list of plugins that have registered themselves and make links like http://127.0.0.1/pluginname/
The pluginmanager would then fire an event to the requested plugin and that plugin would have to handle the request.

I would do this myself but im just not that advanced with C++

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Re: Web interface for DCH++

Post by GargoyleMT » 2005-11-25 09:14

LispWarez wrote:I would do this myself but im just not that advanced with C++
arnetheduck made the plugin interface so that a 3rd party could make such a plugin if they wanted. The lack of a GUI is intentional; perhaps you'd be happier with YnHub, which is great software?

LispWarez

Post by LispWarez » 2005-11-26 05:30

u missed the point of what i was trying to say. i dont want the developers to make a whole webpage for DCH++. just the webserver part. This way _all_ plugins can have access to a "web" interface and can all share one interface. what if there were 2 plugins that had a web server built into it. you would have to run them both on different ports and it would use up more resources and there would have to be different auth metheds for both of them. with what i suggest is just a very basic webserver which can auth agains the registered users on the hub (of course with a certain level)

ivulfusbar

Post by ivulfusbar » 2005-11-27 09:32

You missed the point that gargoyle tried to make:

You can write a webserver-script which handels N other webserv-solutions using plugin-support.
Everyone is supposed to download from the hubs, - I don´t know why, but I never do anymore.