how to host a dch++ hub

DCH++ has been abandoned, this forum serves mainly as an archive

Moderator: Moderators

ineb

Post by ineb » 2005-10-13 06:37

firslt cheers to FleetCmd ur post was a lot of help

my problem is simple, that i hav never hosted a hub before, and even though i hav been looking through a lot of forums and help files i still hav no real idea how to host a dch++ hub ?

so far i hav all the files i need, but am unsure as to how to compile them or what code to write in order to incorperate the plugins

any help would be appreciated

bastya_elvtars

Post by bastya_elvtars » 2005-10-13 07:48

ineb wrote:firslt cheers to FleetCmd ur post was a lot of help

my problem is simple, that i hav never hosted a hub before, and even though i hav been looking through a lot of forums and help files i still hav no real idea how to host a dch++ hub ?

so far i hav all the files i need, but am unsure as to how to compile them or what code to write in order to incorperate the plugins

any help would be appreciated
While I am against polluting this topic, I tell you that you should NOT start with DCH++, use PtokaX or YnHub first on windows to get knowledge on the general considerations of runnning a hub.
Hey you, / Don't help them to bury the light... / Don't give in / Without a fight. (Pink Floyd)

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2005-10-13 15:41

DCH++ is an advanced hub, first time hub owners ought to use something more friendly, and with more (hand-holding) support. As bastya_elvtars suggests, YnHub and Ptokax excel in this area.

(split)