DCBB - Client checker roBOT released

Know of something that might be useful to the DC community? Post it here! (Still, no advertising)

Moderator: Moderators

seeSharp

DCBB - Client checker roBOT released

Post by seeSharp » 2004-01-08 17:58

Hi everyone!

I'd like to tell you that I've released a knew client checker roBOT. It is a DC client written from scratch in Delphi, and can do the following things for you:

* download filelists
check for forbidden files
check for fakeshareing
* tempban/kick for not following the rules
* re-ban users based on filelist content (dyn-IP ban)
* stores users/banlist data in mySQL

It's still under development, settings are hardcoded, strings are hardcoded, and it surely has some bugs. But it works, it's opensource, and is under active development. If you are an Operator/Hub owner you should give it a try.

Project homepage: https://sourceforge.net/projects/dcbb/

BSOD2600
Forum Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 » 2004-01-08 19:17

looks interesting, but I can't read it since its not english :(

seeSharp

Post by seeSharp » 2004-01-08 22:26

Yes I know. I'm working on it right now, 0.252 should be out soon. The guys at sf approved the project faster than I thought they will.

Right now, I'm working on internationalization - the BOT will read every message from a language file. Hungarian and English language files will be distributed with the rest of the program.

And I've switched over from libmysql to MySQLDirect, witch makes the code easier to read/maintain, is faster, and it is also compatible with Kylix.

seeSharp

Post by seeSharp » 2004-01-09 01:45

New day - new release. Some steps made towards linux, and it's finally translated to English. Feel free to test version 0.252.

-- 0.252 2004-01-09 --
* Switched over from MySQLlib to MySQLDirect
* Made user of language files -> you can now translate the beast, without
touching the source
* Changed the BZ2 library to the one that DC:PRO is using. Next step towards
compiling on linux
* English translation done

powerup25

Post by powerup25 » 2004-01-09 08:18

Interesting, i was looking for something similar many times. I have a question, for now this bot needs sql installed, the question is if there are any plan to support another kind of database. To use this stuff i'm obliged to install sql here, i don't want to do that is possible, so the question is if you can store the info needed in some format that do not need install at all, just descompress the program and run it, you can use col files or whatever possible althougth the speed will decrease, what about that?. For the rest i can not run it because the requiered sql stuff, but the things i have readed sounds totally good, really nice project, so keep good work.

cez

Post by cez » 2004-01-09 08:37

how about using http://www.sqlite.org/?? gonna try it out anyway now sounds interesting

seeSharp

Post by seeSharp » 2004-01-09 12:11

For now, it will require MySQL - it depends quite heavily on the info stored in there, and makes excessive use of information stored between two excecutions.

I know, I could write some simple thing for myself, but I don't like reinventing the wheel, especially when the guys at MySQL AB did their job very well. And with MySQLDirect I can access MySQL in windows and linux the very same way.

My advice for people afraid of installing MySQL on their machines is to try UNIServer. It's here on sourceforge, it's a single zip file, you extract it, click twice on runme.bat, and voila, you have MySQL + Apache + phpMyAdming up and running. (which is good, if you want to import the sql script in the database).

Second choice is to run MySQL on a different machine, and edit dcbb.ini. In the MySQL section, set the value host to the machines hostname/IP wich is running MySQL.

Anyway, it's opensource...

seeSharp

Post by seeSharp » 2004-01-09 12:22

I've checked the page of SQLLite, it seems interesting. My concern - I didn't find any units for it in Delphi/Kylix. Is someone aware of one, or will I have to write one for myself, if I decide to support it?

cez

Post by cez » 2004-01-09 15:00

seeSharp wrote:I've checked the page of SQLLite, it seems interesting. My concern - I didn't find any units for it in Delphi/Kylix. Is someone aware of one, or will I have to write one for myself, if I decide to support it?
http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=SqliteWrappers

seeSharp

Post by seeSharp » 2004-01-09 15:30

Right. I should get some sleep. Thanks for the link. I will take a look at it.