Please don't use BCDC++ 0.305b, i mean B...

Know of something that might be useful to the DC community? Post it here! (Still, no advertising)

Moderator: Moderators

Locked
FleetCmd
Joined: 2003-05-20 12:19
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Please don't use BCDC++ 0.305b, i mean B...

Post by FleetCmd » 2004-01-07 09:45

I found a very important bug in BCDC++ 0.305b. It totally mixes the filelist!!

Please don't use 0.305b, use an older version, like 305a

You can check the difference here:

>Filelist with 0.305b<
>The same directories shared with 0.305a<

Of course, the 0.305a is the real directory structure. You can save the filelists with right-button mouse click and "save target as...".. then to view the difference, start any dc++/bcdc++/sg, and open the saved filelists with the "Open flie list.." menu.

Thanks

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor
Joined: 2003-01-07 21:46
Location: .pa.us

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-01-07 11:52

I cannot make sense of your post.

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator
Joined: 2003-05-07 02:38
Location: Sweden, Linkoping

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2004-01-07 12:31

The filelist from bcdc++ 0.305b is definatly not correct...

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor
Joined: 2003-01-07 21:46
Location: .pa.us

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-01-07 12:54

The latest development version doesn't have that problem, and I hadn't seen a 0.305b user mention that before. There was a bug in ShareManager that sandos mentioned as being fixed - "fixed file list building". Perhaps 0.305b predates that fix.

ivulfusbar
Joined: 2003-01-03 07:33

Post by ivulfusbar » 2004-01-07 14:49

gargoyle: if i remember it correctly, it was the opera-edition or the fusbar-edition that had this issue.
Everyone is supposed to download from the hubs, - I don´t know why, but I never do anymore.

Twink
Joined: 2003-03-31 23:31
Location: New Zealand

Post by Twink » 2004-01-07 18:38

hmmm I based PhantomDC 1.18c on the fusbar edition, haven't had any complaints yet but if there is a problem would be nice to know.

BSOD2600
Forum Moderator
Joined: 2003-01-27 18:47
Location: USA
Contact:

Post by BSOD2600 » 2004-01-07 18:48

I wouldn't use BCDC 305b because it seems to have an issue with its connectionmanager. People who are uploading from me will get shutoff within 30 seconds. On my end it appears with "upload finished idle".

I also noticed a problem with the filelist. For example, I only share MP3s. With 305a I share 55GB and with 305b was sharing 49GB.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor
Joined: 2003-01-07 21:46
Location: .pa.us

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-01-07 23:13

BSOD2600 wrote:I wouldn't use BCDC 305b because it seems to have an issue with its connectionmanager. People who are uploading from me will get shutoff within 30 seconds. On my end it appears with "upload finished idle".
It had a problem with ZBlock and Throttling. I fixed that, and versions based on recent SVN should fix it. Maybe that version is already released, it's probably worth checking.

Oh, and thanks for the correction fusbar. I saw the revision tag, but I have no idea what releases are paired with what version of source.

FleetCmd
Joined: 2003-05-20 12:19
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Post by FleetCmd » 2004-01-08 07:42

GargoyleMT wrote:The latest development version doesn't have that problem, and I hadn't seen a 0.305b user mention that before. There was a bug in ShareManager that sandos mentioned as being fixed - "fixed file list building". Perhaps 0.305b predates that fix.
Anyway, I linked wrong filelists, extremly sorry :roll:

But..

There's still an issue:

The correctly definied bug is the following:

The new version makes a smaller sharesize, because it thinks about many files that they are duplicates.

So i shared the same directory with the same option (don't exlude dupes).. 305a makes 11.9 GB share from my files, 305b makes 10.01 GB.. There's 1.9 G diff.. (i have screenshot, but i wouldn't like to include it here, because i haven't edited out the private hub address from the pic)

Then I wanted to know why makes this smaller share from the same files. So I turned on the "remove dupes completely from share" option and checked the list

The difference is here:
http://invitel.hu/mollihun/temp/share2.jpg
http://invitel.hu/mollihun/temp/share1.jpg

So after this, I could figure out why is the sharesize smaller.. It thinks about many files that they are dupes, but don't know why

The filelists which I linked is from 305a and opera-edition, it's mislinked.. The correct links are the screenshots :)

So this is why BSOD2600 has a smaller share too..

In addition, when I added a directory which contanied some kazaa-incomplete files (4.4 M in 3 files) and 25.3 MB in 8 other files, my share became smaller, to 9.75 GB :shock: (At least after refresh it went back to 10.03 :) .. )

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor
Joined: 2003-01-07 21:46
Location: .pa.us

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-01-08 09:14

Is this the same EXE we're talking about? Download it again.

I'm not going to bother tracking down your problems if they're already fixed.

FleetCmd
Joined: 2003-05-20 12:19
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Post by FleetCmd » 2004-01-08 09:58

GargoyleMT wrote:Is this the same EXE we're talking about? Download it again.

I'm not going to bother tracking down your problems if they're already fixed.
I re-downloaded it 5 minutes before my previous post to make it sure..

And I compiled it from the source too (svn173) with the same result.

So yes, the same. Don't have to believe me, but in this topic not I am the only person who get smaller share.. Just share 30 GBs mp3, you will see the difference.

After you add the directory to your share in the settings, it shows the whole size, after you click on OK, it gets smaller much more that it should be...

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor
Joined: 2003-01-07 21:46
Location: .pa.us

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-01-08 12:28

FleetCmd wrote:And I compiled it from the source too (svn173) with the same result.
Ah, I see WZA is hosting 174 now. That explains where you got the source, since utrum still only has src from 0.263.
So yes, the same. Don't have to believe me, but in this topic not I am the only person who get smaller share.. Just share 30 GBs mp3, you will see the difference.
Heh, well 0.305b was apparently based on svn 116 or so, so don't blame me for making sure you're running the latest release.

FleetCmd
Joined: 2003-05-20 12:19
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Post by FleetCmd » 2004-01-08 12:36

GargoyleMT wrote:
FleetCmd wrote:And I compiled it from the source too (svn173) with the same result.
Ah, I see WZA is hosting 174 now. That explains where you got the source, since utrum still only has src from 0.263.
Hm.. Now I should check the diff between 173 and 174.. eh (indeed, i got the source this morning, wza didn't hosted 305b source then.. it could have been put there 1 or 2 hours ago i think.. )

FleetCmd
Joined: 2003-05-20 12:19
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Post by FleetCmd » 2004-01-08 12:44

oops.. that's only binary :(

The share is still 10.01 GB, so the change between 173 and 174 will be something else..

FleetCmd
Joined: 2003-05-20 12:19
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Post by FleetCmd » 2004-01-09 08:03

New bug.. You can't select "Passive" mode :evil: :cry:

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor
Joined: 2003-01-07 21:46
Location: .pa.us

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-01-10 11:40

FleetCmd wrote:New bug.. You can't select "Passive" mode
And that was fixed before the 0.306 release (for any late readers)

And... that was me, fixing the tab order of the dialog. Apparently they have to be consecutive in the resource file to act properly.

FleetCmd
Joined: 2003-05-20 12:19
Location: Hungary
Contact:

Post by FleetCmd » 2004-01-10 14:00

GargoyleMT wrote:
FleetCmd wrote:New bug.. You can't select "Passive" mode
And that was fixed before the 0.306 release (for any late readers)
Finally, it seems that 306 is working properly, and you can enjoy all the great features which were originally planned into 305b :)

[PT]Devilishly
Joined: 2003-04-18 05:57
Location: Oporto, Portugal
Contact:

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2004-02-01 19:04

I think that the this bug from BCDC is the same that .pDC has(since .pDC is based on this client).

Which is removing the “forbidden files� from file list, but sending the Share size as sharing those files... So this creates a mismatch share size...

Best regards,
[PT]Devilishly

Locked