oDC++ Where is fusbar?

Know of something that might be useful to the DC community? Post it here! (Still, no advertising)

Moderator: Moderators

powerup25

oDC++ Where is fusbar?

Post by powerup25 » 2003-12-03 08:48

Last version of oDC++ have a critical bug inside, can anyone can contact fusbar or someone from the developer team and translate him the following comment taken from other board?.
Comment:
----------------------------------------------------------------
It's bug in 0.211 and 0.212.
Crashing if receive chat message like this
<XXX>
Bug is missing anything after >
.. it's easy to go to any hub where is more oDC users and crash oDC clients
Note: I dunno if the problem if the one commented really but could be becuase it comes from another developer.

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2003-12-03 08:57

No neccesary to double post, or was it a misstake?
Anyway, I've deleted the other post.
I will tell fusbar if I see him but probably someone else will se him first :wink:

joakim_tosteberg
Forum Moderator

Post by joakim_tosteberg » 2003-12-03 09:37

Just contacted fusbar:
[15:22] <joakim_tosteberg> fusbar: ta a look on this http://dcplusplus.sourceforge.net/forum ... php?t=6667
[15:26] <fusbar> What do i have todo with oDC?
[15:26] <fusbar> i don't even use it ;))
[15:27] <fusbar> And its known error.
[15:27] <fusbar> i think opera has fixed it already. ;))
And it looks like he's correct, I did just test it and was unable to get this problem.

Opera
Programmer

Re: oDC++ Where is fusbar?

Post by Opera » 2003-12-03 09:58

powerup25 wrote:Last version of oDC++ have a critical bug inside, can anyone can contact fusbar or someone from the developer team and translate him the following comment taken from other board?.
Well, what fusbar has todo with oDC is a mystery to me. Please elaborate this clearly for me.
powerup25 wrote: Comment:
It's bug in 0.211 and 0.212.
Crashing if receive chat message like this
<XXX>
Bug is missing anything after >
.. it's easy to go to any hub where is more oDC users and crash oDC clients
Yes, I know, and i could care less, but not much. It occurs in buggy versions of the ptokax hubsoftware that sends malformed messages to the client. No other hubsoft does this, afaik. I told ptaczek about this, and he said he was gonna fix this. I have no idea if it has been done or not, and I find no interrest in finding out.
powerup25 wrote:Note: I dunno if the problem if the one commented really but could be becuase it comes from another developer.
Yeah, sure... Uhm, what?

And yes, I've "fixed" this. It took some time, because noone seemed interrested in trying to solves this and send a decent bugreport to me. I couldn't do it myself, because no hubs i'm in runs ptokax no more.

It might be included in the next release, whenever that will come.

O
Creator of the dc++ fork, oDC found at:
http://gempond.com/odc

powerup25

Post by powerup25 » 2003-12-04 07:51

Surry if i make a double post, i was to hurry that day because my work an oDC is critical for us since is the only one client allowed there to stop fake mods of dc++. A note here: There is nothing to do with arne works here, respect to him and his client forever, respect neomodus forever, also respect to all developers of clones of DC++, and not compatibles clients too.
About fusbar surry, i was typing to fast, is my mistake.
Opera wrote:And yes, I've "fixed" this. It took some time, because noone seemed interrested in trying to solves this and send a decent bugreport to me. I couldn't do it myself, because no hubs i'm in runs ptokax no more.
Our net only uses ptokax software :( so we are in troubles.
Anyway next week i'm going to set up a new ptokax server for test clients against ptokax server so you can test what ever you want.
The rules will:
-open server
-minimum share 5 GB of whatever you want.
-All clients allowed to test possible incompatibles beetween them and also against ptokax.
So if you interesting in test there whatever you want you can get in.
In case you wanna test send me a pm with the following info:
Nick: [VIP]YourNick and your password: for test vip connections.
Nick: [REG]YourNick and your password: for test reg connections.
Nick: [OP]YourNick and your password: for test OP connections.
Nick: [MASTER]YourNick and your password: for test master connections.
Arne is also invited in the same format.
By, i'm hurry again.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2003-12-04 15:32

Why don't you test the clients yourself and submit a bug report (via the Sourceforge tracker for DC++... and god knows how for Opera)?

Typically the developers and testers are different people in corporations, probably because of the price and value of a coder's time above that of even an exceptional tester.

PPK

Post by PPK » 2003-12-06 10:19

Opera wrote:It occurs in buggy versions of the ptokax hubsoftware that sends malformed messages to the client.
Sorry Opera but this is only your bug, not ptokax, not my if i have bad day and go to hubs crash oDC client :D Yes i am bad boy, but why not play with bugy client if is posible to crash it with one chat message :lol:

powerup25

Post by powerup25 » 2003-12-06 11:53

GargoyleMT wrote:Why don't you test the clients yourself and submit a bug report (via the Sourceforge tracker for DC++... and god knows how for Opera)?

Typically the developers and testers are different people in corporations, probably because of the price and value of a coder's time above that of even an exceptional tester.
Why...? Currently i'm testing 2 direct connect projects, and other not related to dc world, i mean real test, is hard and take almost my free time, the intention of the hub, is exactly after i catch a bug and the way to reproduce it back if possible, if the bug is hard to find by the developer, he can use similar conditions to mine and to try to cath it by itself is requiered, in the case of dc++ and odc++, those clients are normally pretty stable in the lastest build, since a lot of people are using them, my effort is not really requiered, also i have no way to contact opera for reports, the hub must be seeing as an option if they wanna use it and nothing more.