DC++k

Know of something that might be useful to the DC community? Post it here! (Still, no advertising)

Moderator: Moderators

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2003-06-26 06:21

Why not changing the way of being of DC++K? I’m saying like, DC++K would be exactly like other dc++, but with a slightly difference which would be, the ability to add scripts on it. (Of course it wouldn’t interfere in up-load limiting and things like that, only for share check and others…)
I’m saying, like we can add scripts to hubs to do different things, also we could add scripts to this client. This would make dc++k a more powerful tool and much more versatile than other client.
It could be added a place where all people could ask for scripts and also publish there’s.

Anyway is a suggestion, keep up the great work :D

About,
cyberal wrote:naah, this is not good... what about ppl that are on the same IP but on different computers? A friend of mine lives in a neigbourhood where 200 apartments have the same IP to the Internet.. also many universitys have this.. IF a clone check should be implemented it must be based on more than the IP.. maybe share too ?
It could be added two options like:
-(1)-“Consider using clones to be cheating� -> this would be only for those different nicks that are in the same hub, with he same share and the same IP;
-(2)-“Consider users having the same IP to be clones� -> this would to what it says.
So if you have only the option (1) activated, it would work as you said; if options (1) and (2) activated, it would work as I said in the other post; and finally, only option (2) activated, you would receive a warning, but it wouldn’t activate the raw command.

Best regards,
[PT]Devilishly

sarf

v0.2510557k and some comments

Post by sarf » 2003-06-26 07:23

Clone checking will have to wait until I get hold of a good CDM module (since they often get the IPs of the users and since it would be redundant when said CDM module is incorporated).

Client-side scipting will have to wait until arne decides to support a plugin framework, at which time I'd be happy to make a C# interface for it - C# is as far as I go when it goes to scripting, any further "dumbing down" and you get a language that is... ugly. In my opinion, of course.

Changelog :

Code: Select all

-- 0.2510557k --
* Added the possibility to use /addforbiddenfile to the 
   search window user commands
    thanks to [PT]Devilishly for suggesting this!
* Made some fixes that may make continous checking work
* Fixed a new DC++k icon
   thanks to Nofear for suggesting this!
* Updated the junk files cheating description
   thanks to cyberal for nagging me about this! :)
* Fixed a bug (well, kinda)
   thanks to Mr. Guest for reporting it!
* Fixed the junk files somewhat
   only directories STARTING with alt+255 are considered junk
    before all files containing alt+255 were considered junk
     thanks to cyberal for the report!
Note: the BTH mirror is not updated since my university seems to be in the process of "upgrading" its computer systems using their local computer "experts".

Sarf
---
My favorite food is squirrel, but I want to fight with glory.

cyberal

faked tag

Post by cyberal » 2003-06-26 07:35

I have an idea of a new feature!

I have the dc++k client as op in three different hubs. We currently have problems with ppl being in 2 or more of these hubs and faking their description to H:1.

Can a feature be made that check if a certain user+ip is present in the hubs that the klient are in, and then checks the hub count against what the users tag say.. ex. User are in 3 hubs, tag say H:1 ... User is faking tag..

Another thing.. would be nice to add slot-check, hub-check and slots/hub-check in the client.. ex. max hubs is set to 3, user with H:4 get kicked.. %[cheatingdescription] = Too many hubs (Max 3)...
However, this would require different commands for different cheats... a feature I would like anyway... can't very well ban a user that have too few slots... ;)

I would also like a client version check... lowest version allowed: 0.24 would kick all dc++ users below that client version..
http://whyrar.omfg.se - Guide to RAR and DC behaviour!
http://bodstrom.omfg.se - Bodströmsamhället, Länksamling om hoten mot vår personliga integritet

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-06-26 07:41

* Fixed a bug (well, kinda)

.. obvious question, what was the bug? ;)
http://bodstrom.omfg.se - Bodströmsamhället, Länksamling om hoten mot vår personliga integritet

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-06-26 10:30

Well, cyberal, I might include your feature, but only after I've gotten a working (preferably good) CDM mod merged with DC++k.

Even so, this is related to the clone option and would "merely" require a quick check of the tag (and an associated checkbox to be able to turn on/off this check, naturally).

DC++ version handling should be done by the CDM (ideally) since it should be based on the lock string and not only what the tag says (well, the tag should match the lock string, but the tag is what most people fake).

Different raw commands for different "cheats" is something I've been thinking about. I've found a reasonably good way of doing it, but it still needs some fine tuning.

The bug was that an "Unhandled exception" could be thrown in the catch part of a try...catch statement. My "fix" was to enclose the offending code within a try...catch(...) statement, "swallowing" any exceptions and allowing DC++k to continue working.

Sarf
---
As long as the answer is right, who cares if the question is wrong?

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2003-06-26 11:56

sarf wrote:Different raw commands for different "cheats" is something I've been thinking about. I've found a reasonably good way of doing it, but it still needs some fine tuning.
And if it’s possible, different raw commands for different hubs.(this could be done like in “Settings� ->�Advanced� -> “User Menu Items�, we have the ability to chose “Hub IP/DNS/ or empty for all�)

Best regards,
[PT]Devilishly

Indrid

Post by Indrid » 2003-06-26 22:08

could someone show me an example of how to use these commands

In the search frame, these commands have been added :
%[size] - the size of the file in question
%[sizeformat] - the size of the file in question, formatted to kilo/mega/giga byte
%[slots] - the amount of slots of the user
%[freeslots] - the amount of free slots of the user

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-06-27 00:55

[PT]Devilishly wrote:And if it’s possible, different raw commands for different hubs.(this could be done like in “Settings” ->”Advanced” -> “User Menu Items”, we have the ability to chose “Hub IP/DNS/ or empty for all”)
Or you could have ther settings in favorite hubs. (just like the old CDM).. this makes it real easy to see what hub have what settings..

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-06-27 04:00

Indrid wrote:could someone show me an example of how to use these commands

In the search frame, these commands have been added :
%[size] - the size of the file in question
%[sizeformat] - the size of the file in question, formatted to kilo/mega/giga byte
%[slots] - the amount of slots of the user
%[freeslots] - the amount of free slots of the user
You can add those commands in the "user commands menu".. for example you can add.. "!kick %[nick] Min. slots is 3! You only have %[slots] slots open!" .. this would kick the user like this =
*** You have been kicked because: Min. slots is 3! You only have 2 slots open!

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2003-06-27 04:55

Is there anyway to send in the raw command the user ip?
Like: “…%[nick] with this IP %[ip], was kicked…�

Best regards,
[PT]Devilishly

belgarat

Post by belgarat » 2003-06-27 06:18

hmm when i do a "/checkshare" in + 500 users hub i get "Abnormal closing" and all it says in the exeptioninfo is:
"Unhandled Exception
Code: c0000005
Version: 0.251052k - MuLTe edition
Call stack info: "

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-06-27 06:52

[PT]Devilishly wrote:Is there anyway to send in the raw command the user ip?
Like: “…%[nick] with this IP %[ip], was kicked…”
[PT]Devilishly
I think this is another of those things sarf can implement pretty easy as soon as he have put in the CMD module that contain the IP-get feature :)

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-06-27 07:03

belgarat wrote:hmm when i do a "/checkshare" in + 500 users hub i get "Abnormal closing" and all it says in the exeptioninfo is:
"Unhandled Exception
Code: c0000005
Version: 0.251052k - MuLTe edition
Call stack info: "
To get a correct, useable exeption info, get the latest version with .pdb-file on "http://www.fukt.bth.se/~k/dcpp/0.251-k-bin-pdb.rar".. then try to cause the same problem again.. if it occurs simply e-mail sarf with the info on "[email protected]!!!.se" (without the exclamation marks !!!). If it does not occur it's probably becuase sarf corrected the bug in one of the latest versions :)

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-06-27 07:44

Thanks for covering for me, cyberal! :)

[PT]Devilishly, there IS a %[ip] command in DC++k now - it requires that the hub supports $UserIP, however. I would recommend you to start using it as it will be "updated" along with the rest of the program when (if) I merge DC++k with a CDM module.
The problem with having different raw commands for different cheats AND different raw commands in hubs is that it very quickly becomes a LOT of different raw commands - I currently detect about 7-9 different types of cheating (and more will come, eventually). Multiply that with the number of different hubs and you see what I mean. :)
That said, maybe doing it by having a "raw command override"-button that would popup another window in the favorite hub editor. This would work, I think. Oh well - food for thought.

Indrid, the commands you mention are available by using the user commands in the search window - the data is simply not available in the normal hub window.

New version coming soon.

Sarf
---
Dead puppies aren't much fun.

sarf

v0.2510558k

Post by sarf » 2003-06-27 08:22

New version : v0.2510558k

Changelog :

-- 0.2510558k --
* Fix (tm) Edition :-)
* Fixed the error in junk share reporting
   thanks to cyberal for notifying me!
* Added some more description to the junk share reporting
   thanks to cyberal for suggesting this!
* Fixed the "/addforbiddenfile" command in the search frame
   thanks to [PT]Devilishly for the bug report!
* Added %[filename] to the search window user commands
   this will be replaced by the filename (without path)
    thanks to [PT]Devilishly for inspiring me to add this!
* A *possible* fix to an Unhandled exception
   if it works, thanks to Mr. Guest - otherwise, shame on me
* Fixed so that files containing alt+255 are not considered junk anymore
   thanks to cyberal for this one!
* Added a setting so that DC++ can continue connecting 
   even when its nick was taken
    hope Event_Horizon likes this one! :)
Good luck with this version - I'll probably not work on DC++k over the weekend, so don't expect to be hearing from me before that. :)

The BTH mirror should be up again.

Sarf
---
Jake liked his women how he liked his kiwi fruit; firm yet yielding, sweet yet tart, and covered with short fuzzy brown hair.

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-06-27 08:39

sarf wrote:Thanks for covering for me, cyberal! :)

The problem with having different raw commands for different cheats AND different raw commands in hubs is that it very quickly becomes a LOT of different raw commands - I currently detect about 7-9 different types of cheating (and more will come, eventually). Multiply that with the number of different hubs and you see what I mean. :)
That said, maybe doing it by having a "raw command override"-button that would popup another window in the favorite hub editor. This would work, I think. Oh well - food for thought.
What about this... in the settings there could be a list with entrys numbered 1,2,3 etc. where you could add raw command lines...

Then in the hub favorites the different cheats would be lines up with a drop down box next to them where you would choose the number of the command you want.. I would probably only need about 6 different commands (and I have the bot in 4 hubs with two different scripts).. one for kick+ban, one for kick and one for msg... (for 2 scripts).. :D

what do you think?

ps. sarf, thanks for the jon on the junk share thingy ;)

belgarat

Post by belgarat » 2003-06-27 12:29

i wouldnt have done this post if i hadnt have the latest versin+ pdb i can get from sarf's site (doh!!!! idiot remark).....still get the same "abnormal" thingy and in the exeptioninfo it sayes the same, and yes i got the latest pdb from the link provided by sarf.......

belgarat

Post by belgarat » 2003-06-27 12:33

and i'm using 0.2510557k changing to 0.2510558k as we speak

[MASTER]Spookie

Post by [MASTER]Spookie » 2003-06-27 15:46

Hey Sarf

found something not working

client still checks op with share

hard 1 to fix ;)

keep up the good work

Spookie

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-06-27 19:05

Spookie - I think this only happens when the OPs join the hub and they have not been registered as OPs yet. To fix it, disable the "automatically check new users" and use continous checking instead. When it works. Until then, there is nothing I can do, I'm afraid. This SHOULD NOT be happening if the DC++ client knows that they are OPs. A solution would be to "cache" logins for a few seconds so that OPs have time to validate themselves.

Belgarat, send me a MAIL with the exceptioninfo.txt file in it (only the relevant errors though) and I will look at it. Without that info I would have to spend hours and hours poking around in the code, fixing things in the blind without knowing if I break something or if I fix your problem.

Sarf
---
Your advanced intelligence is no match for our puny weapons.

sarf

v0.25105581k

Post by sarf » 2003-06-27 19:40

Last version this weekend (I wish!).

Changelog :

-- 0.25105581k --
* Fixed the "make all commands add the current file as a forbidden file" bug
   hugs to XeroX for giving me the info I needed to stomp this bug!
    (it should be fixed now, however, considering that it is 2 AM, I'll accept
    a "possible" fix over a "definite" fix :)
* Added a new option to DC++k in the earlier version, the option to send the 
   hub a kick message a bit of time AFTER the command has been sent.
    This may cause "hiccups" and lag on your client, especially since I 
    increased the delay to 500 ms (from 200 ms) in this version.
    To enable this, simply check the appropriate checkbox in the DC++k Detector Page.
   thanks to cyberal for reminding me (at least, I hope it was cyberal ;)
* Sleep, blessed sleep!
New, totally non-user driven feature in the next version (it's about trying to see what people may want - I think everyone will like it).

Sarf
---
"The best way to accelerate a Macintosh is at 9.8m/sec/sec." - Marcus Dolengo

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2003-06-28 07:35

I know that I had already suggested this, but i think that this (at least for me) would be very useful:
Regarding to forbidden files:
-The ability to add the ‘*’ in them, like “/add… *preteen*.jpg�, “/add… *.dll�…, I think that this could be very useful to get many users with forbidden files without having to enter all of them in the “Forbidden files list�;
-The ability to add file size(in bytes). It could be this way “/addforbiddenfile <filename> <some character defined to knowing that the file name ended> <size>�. If we didn’t enter that “<some character defined to knowing that the file name ended>�, it would function exactly as it works now.

Regarding to this post:
[PT]Devilishly wrote:It could be added an option, after getting the list from a user, it should be tested if he has free slots. If #true the client would choose a random file (size bigger than 10 MB) and try to download it. If the client received the message “File not available� or “no slots available�, it would assume the user were faking.
sarf wrote:[PT]Devilishly, anyone with a modified client worth its lameness should not say they had any slots available and then tell you that they had no slots available - there is no real reason to do so (not when you can join hubs with zero free slots).
There are user’s that don’t use modified clients to do fake share. The only thing they do is enter some Shared directories in the Share, and then just modify the directory name. What happens is that, even thou dc++k doesn’t detect fake sharing, they aren’t sharing anything.

Those are some suggestions :) Keep up the good Work!!!

Best regards,
[PT]Devilishly

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-06-28 08:53

[PT]Devilishly wrote:Regarding to forbidden files:
-The ability to add the ‘*’ in them, like “/add… *preteen*.jpg�, “/add… *.dll�…, I think that this could be very useful to get many users with forbidden files without having to enter all of them in the “Forbidden files list�;
-The ability to add file size(in bytes). It could be this way “/addforbiddenfile <filename> <some character defined to knowing that the file name ended> <size>�. If we didn’t enter that “<some character defined to knowing that the file name ended>�, it would function exactly as it works now.
I think the best way to do the forbidden files feature is to (as sarf already suggested) simply mod the ADL Search, it already have all the features mentione above.. just have to add an "consider this cheating"-box in there... :)
[PT]Devilishly wrote:There are user’s that don’t use modified clients to do fake share. The only thing they do is enter some Shared directories in the Share, and then just modify the directory name. What happens is that, even thou dc++k doesn’t detect fake sharing, they aren’t sharing anything.
Yes, when the client have downloaded someones filelist and done all the checks without finding anything suspicious, it could simply pick a random file and try to start a download... if it recieves "file not available" could kick with "File not available on getfile".. would be usefull.. I wouldn't want to consider this cheating though.. just a kick+warning.. "refresh your share" !! :)

yay :D

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2003-06-29 13:34

Hi!!!

I think that could exist a “Faker list� where we could have to it the file list from a user, email, ip and nick. When some user entered the hub it would also be check if his email or nick or ip or share, are in the list. If yes it would be activated a special raw command and updated the list with the new info, if not, it would do nothing.
This could be done like modifying the “Favorite users� menu, and add to it those options. Also we could choose special raw commands to those users.
I’m suggesting this, because there some faker’s which aren’t detected from dc++k, that I’m always banning them. Most of them don’t even change the email or share, so with this option those could be caught easier.

Best regards,
[PT]Devilishly

Indrid

Post by Indrid » 2003-06-29 15:19

hi heres some forbiddenfiles that ive add to ban ppl
  • DC-Stealthv5.zip|cmd.exe|VTS_01_0.VOB|VTS_01_1.VOB|VTS_02_0.VOB|VTS_02_1.VOB|VIDEO_TS.VOB|-=How to Cheat On DC=-.txt|DC++ Stealth v0.5.exe|DCStealth v0.43.exe|DC++ Stealth v0.5.zip|IEXPLORE.EXE|eauninstall.exe|ICQUninstall.exe

what other files should i add to this list? soif they share c:\, they will get booted

MaZaKa98

suggestion

Post by MaZaKa98 » 2003-06-30 05:24

Hi sarf...

I honestly havent tried latest versions yet...still stuck with the version with the users response thinggy :) but I am sure, ur latest version works great..cuz I could see that in the public windows alot :)

BUT...there is one thing...the mass message and kicks/ban in the public window :(
once..it happened to me, that I was explaining someone is the public about something...then we got the kicks and ban message in the public window,so I got lost...
if one OP is running this automatic kicks/bans...and another OP is also doing that...so we cannot chit chat in public anymore.
is it possible, to have those kicks/bans in a privat window so it wont flood the public. maybe to send a pm to the one who got banned/kicked is enough...

MaZaKa98
...with great power...comes great responsibilities...

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2003-06-30 05:36

Of course there is. Just send the kick messages like this:
Sending a private message to the person(s) you have selected :
$To: %[nick] From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> Some message saying something or other|
Kicking someone using a bot called Smurf and the command "!kick nick":
$To: Smurf From: %[mynick] $<%[mynick]> !kick %[nick]|
You can find this info here

Best regards,
[PT]Devilishly

sarf

v0.2510559k

Post by sarf » 2003-06-30 06:52

Thanks for helping out, [PT]Devilishly!

I'll keep the "faker list" in mind, but as you know, I currently do not have a good way to get the IP of the users, which means that it would not be as good as it could be. Never fear, however, as it is a "desired feature" of many people.

New version with some neat-o features (mainly beta, though) :

Changelog :

-- 0.2510559k --
* Added the ability to use "search" and "opsearch" as "Hub IP / DNS"
   value in the User Menu Item
   If these are used then that command will only be visible in the 
    search window (and if you prefix it with "op" it will only be 
    visible if you are an OP).
   thanks to myself for figuring out that people might want this!
* Added BETA forbidden file feature to ADL Search
   You should only have to check the "Forbidden file" checkbox
   and you're good to go
   NOTE: Do NOT add the destination directory "<<<Forbidden Files>>>"
    to any other ADL Searches - any files in that directory are 
    considered forbidden (big surprise, huh?)
   NOTE2: If a filelist already contains a directory called 
   "<<<Forbidden Files>>>" any files in that directory will be considered
   forbidden. This is not a bug. If a user is stupid enough to do this,
   well, good riddance to them.
   NOTE3: The destination directory of a forbidden file ADL Search is ignored.
* Changed the format of the forbidden file listing in the cheating 
   description - it will now be a bit more compact (and maybe a bit more
   hard to read)
    thanks to cyberal for this suggestion!
I hope it does not crash too much.

Sarf
---
Standing on head makes smile of frown, but rest of face also upside down.

[MASTER]Spookie

Post by [MASTER]Spookie » 2003-06-30 07:39

I will test it asap.

great Sarf

Indrid

Post by Indrid » 2003-06-30 23:24

can someone explain this to me i dont understand whats it suppose to do
Added a setting so that DC++ can continue connecting
even when its nick was taken
hope Event_Horizon likes this one! :)

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-07-01 00:47

Indrid wrote:can someone explain this to me i dont understand whats it suppose to do
Some hubs have trouble with nicks getting stuck in the hub when a user is disconnected. So when you try to reenter the hub it will say "nick taken" and stop the reconnect. This neat little feature will keep trying to connect until you get in :)

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2003-07-01 04:27

Well, I’m trying to use the new option in adl search, but I’m having some problems using it.
I want to add to forbidden files, all “.dll�, so I defined my ADL Search like this:
<Search>
<SearchString type="string">.dll</SearchString>
<SourceType type="string">Filename</SourceType>
<DestDirectory type="string">Forbidden Files</DestDirectory>
<IsActive type="int">1</IsActive>
<MaxSize type="int64">-1</MaxSize>
<MinSize type="int64">-1</MinSize>
<SizeType type="string">B</SizeType>
</Search>
Is there something wrong, because it just doesn’t work (at least for me :cry: ).

Best regards,
[PT]Devilishly

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-07-01 05:06

Your entry is correct, seems to something wrong with the feature itself, it correctly puts the forbidden files in a folder, but after that.. nothing happens.. I've reported it to sarf! :)

cyberal

users answer kick msg

Post by cyberal » 2003-07-01 05:25

Hey!
I'm currently having some trouble with users auto-responding to my kick-msg, earlier this was not a problem since they had no time to answer. However, with the new "kick after sending raw command" activated it seems that some clients are fast enough to answer my pm to them. Could you add some sort of pm block option for users marked as cheaters.. no wait a minute,... just came up with a better idea!!

What if you were to add a total pm block (exept for OPs & only working when OP yourself) with a preset msg. This would be useful since I only use the client as a cheat finder, hence I don't talk in it and don't want ANY pm's in it.

*** Auto-msg: I am a bot! I can't communicate with humans! Plz speak to one of my fellow OPs! :D

[PT]Devilishly

Post by [PT]Devilishly » 2003-07-01 06:04

That would be fine cyberal!!! :P

I’m using a message kind like that since I’m using it always in away mode. It could also be added some commands so users could use in private with our nick(those commands could be defined by us).

To resolve problems like in some ptokax hubs, which some ops are check as normal users even thou we have the option “Do not check ops� activated, it could be added a “Secure nick list� where we could enter a nickname and DNS or IP from hub, and those users won’t be checked.

And when it works fine, it could be added in the ADL Search, on the “Source Type� also a parameter “extension�. Because, I’m not sure but, for example, if I defined “.dll� as forbidden file, may also files like “abcde.dllabcd.avi� be considered as forbidden file?!

Just another suggestion, since DC++k is a OP client, why not take the normal tag description of, and add to it only something like “[++k x.xx]�?

Best regards,
[PT]Devilishly

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-07-01 06:40

[PT]Devilishly wrote:I&#8217;m using a message kind like that since I&#8217;m using it always in away mode. It could also be added some commands so users could use in private with our nick(those commands could be defined by us).
Yeah! Built in triggers would be real cool! Maybe some sort of main chat trigger could be added too. We have a hub without any scripts at all to minimize the strain on the hub. Would be cool to be able to have standalone triggerbot built in :)

You could argue that such a feature might be abused by someone, to maybe advertise whenever anyone says anything... I'm sure such a user would be kicked/banned instantly... but just to be sure.. maybe should add an OP-Check to all of these abusable features.
[PT]Devilishly wrote:To resolve problems like in some ptokax hubs, which some ops are check as normal users even thou we have the option &#8220;Do not check ops&#8221; activated, it could be added a &#8220;Secure nick list&#8221; where we could enter a nickname and DNS or IP from hub, and those users won&#8217;t be checked.
Yeah! Great idea too! Our hub has alot of regulars that are "trusted". Nice to exclude them from the checks.

[PT]Devilishly wrote:And when it works fine, it could be added in the ADL Search, on the &#8220;Source Type&#8221; also a parameter &#8220;extension&#8221;. Because, I&#8217;m not sure but, for example, if I defined &#8220;.dll&#8221; as forbidden file, may also files like &#8220;abcde.dllabcd.avi&#8221; be considered as forbidden file?!
Yes! It would be considered fake.. Source type exactly like the real search is a great suggestion!
[PT]Devilishly wrote:Just another suggestion, since DC++k is a OP client, why not take the normal tag description of, and add to it only something like &#8220;[++k x.xx]&#8221;?
Well, it's not only used by OPs, and simply removing the tag would give users a cheating possibility. Maybe with an OP-Check?

When we are on the subject, I don't like that the UL limiter is hidden, should show as U:XX or something!

More feature suggestions:

1. Regular search for forbidden files!
DC++k could use the normal search strings to search for forbidden files, and trigger on the returned results. It could go trough the added files, one every X minutes or something (to keep the traffic down).

2. Duplicate folder detection!
A common cheat is to share the same drive multiple times, DC++k have no way to detect this (today). Could have a feature that compares the folders in the root of the filelist, by looking one step inside them, and comparing their size... if match = cheater!

sarf

v0.25105591k and rant

Post by sarf » 2003-07-02 06:37

Built-in triggers and et cetera are better to put into scripts that can be easily modified by users. To build scripting capabilities for DC++k is beyond the scope of what I want to do (currently). I'd suggest that you use some sort of hub soft which could use compiled scripts if the CPU speed on the hub is an issue.

Duplicate file checking is on my "to do somewhere in the future"-list.

Excluding people from checking is an interesting thing to do, since it shows how hierarchies in social networks are built. Ah well. This is a feature that may be done sometime, and probably as a "hack" (e.g. users on the Favorite User list are "favored" users or somesuch).

I will not aid OPs in hiding that they are using DC++k. This is mainly because a) I want OPs to be upfront with their users and b) why should OPs not show the tag list when the users have to?

The UL limiter is hidden because many hubs will ban people with an upload limiter DESPITE the fact that the people NEED upload limiting to want to share (no one wants to share if that means that their download speeds drop to 5-10% of the possible maximum). Besides, the upload limiter is limited in itself (though this is not hard to remove if you know what you are doing). Also, there are better ways to cheat using normal DC++ (netlimiter comes to mind). Thus, having a possibly abusable feature that helps many is better than having a hard-to-abuse feature which helps some people.

Oh well, nevermind me. These are my opinions.

Changelog :

-- 0.25105591k --
* Fixed so that the fake share command is properly terminated again
   was broken due to a "fix" I implemented in preparation for 
   %[delay:xyz] and other split-type commands
    thanks to Saruman for reporting this!
* Added yet another patch for the continous rechecking of filelists
   thanks to XeroX for making me do this!
* Fixed so that the main chat will not be flooded with long forbidden 
   file listings.
    thanks to cyberal for the suggestion!
* Added "Ignore private messages from cheaters" feature
   thanks to cyberal for suggesting this!
* Added "Always reply with away message to private messages" feature
   thanks to cyberal for suggesting this one too!
* Added "Always reply with away message to cheaters private messages" feature
   thanks to cyberal for implicating this as a desirable feature!
Note that enabling the "Always reply..." features may cause two away messages to be sent. This is a minor bug, and since I am going to be buried in the wonderful world of computer games for awhile, I thought it best if you got some things "raw" now instead of "polished" in two days time.

Enjoy.

Sarf
---
What happens when you cut back the jungle? It recedes.

[MASTER]Spookie

Post by [MASTER]Spookie » 2003-07-02 07:20

hmmm

I upgraded 2 the new version and my download is very slow now, when i check userlists.
anyone else having the same?

Spookie

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-07-02 07:41

sarf:
Thanks for the nice features :)

Spookie:
Haven't tested it yet, I'll put in a report post as soon as I have..

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-07-02 11:00

Could you possibly make the custom Right-click commands work as raw commands, so i can use $kick ... at the momnet i can only ban cos i don't have a !kick command in my hub software ;)

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-07-02 11:03

is it just me, or are does the DC++k interface look REALLY strange now? ...wrong lines of code everywhere... etc etc

BSOD2600
Forum Moderator

Post by BSOD2600 » 2003-07-02 12:18

Forbidden file checking is lacking a description...

[10:15] <BSOD2600> User Andrusha Forbidden files : ...

the forbidden file was "explorer.exe"

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-07-02 15:45

LOL!

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-07-02 16:56

it's all screwed :) ...bad compile?

sarf

Post by sarf » 2003-07-03 07:11

Bad StringDefs file. My fault.

Changelog :

-- 0.25105592k --
* Oops! I forgot an entry in the StringDefs, which made DC++k a bit... wonky
   thanks to everyone who reported this!
BSOD2600, I found the bug, but I didn't check here until after I published the new version. I've fixed it, but I can't publish the new version until this evening (have to go and do some things elsewhere).

Sarf
---
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.

[MASTER]Spookie

download lists speed

Post by [MASTER]Spookie » 2003-07-03 09:09

Hey

I can´t say that my download speed increased with this new dc++k
still get speed in b/s :(

if i use another client like dc++, bcdc , dc clientdetect i get much higher download speed.

what is wrong

Spookie the living dead ;)

cyberal

Post by cyberal » 2003-07-03 09:34

maybe a stupid suggestion.. but check the DL limit settings... maybe they got weird somehow... set them to zero (0)..

OLDoMiNiON

Post by OLDoMiNiON » 2003-07-03 10:01

Does "Recheck Clients" have any effect for anyone else?

it continually checks them whether this is pressed or not.. - which uses tonnes of bandwidth, and lots of slots

[MASTER]Spookie

Post by [MASTER]Spookie » 2003-07-03 10:31

yep you was right cyberal, my upload was set to 25 and that caused it .
settings now = and it works great again :)

Bug?

that word i think Sarf hate ;)

Spookie "this ghost using no dl limiter ;)"

sarf

Questions and v0.25105593k

Post by sarf » 2003-07-03 12:15

Umm... Spookie? Are you aware that the bandwidth limiter is byte based? So that if you put 25 in the upload limit field, you limit your upload bandwidth to 25 bytes/second, and your download bandwidth to 100 bytes/second?

Just checking.

Oh, and by the way, new version out.

Changelog :

-- 0.25105593k --
* Fixed the forbidden files ... bug
   thanks to BSOD2600 for reporting this one!
Sarf
---
Klein bottle for sale. Inquire within.