Automatic message to downloaders

Know of something that might be useful to the DC community? Post it here! (Still, no advertising)

Moderator: Moderators

Nicke Sky

Automatic message to downloaders

Post by Nicke Sky » 2003-04-19 07:38

When other users downloads from my computer is it possible to send a automatic message to the user, and is it possible to send info about a specific file that the user is downloading like "subtitel file is xxx.xxx" or " check .nfo file for reg details."
:roll:

mai9

Post by mai9 » 2003-04-19 17:08

I don't thing the program can do such a thing. Maybe a solution would be to put that message you want to comunicate in the same folder where the file is stored.

If you want a message for the file "winrar.exe" you can put a file called "better download 7-zip!" in the same folder, and if you want that message file to appear in searches: "winrar.exe - better download 7-zip!!"

please, note the subliminal message :wink:

Sid

Posible

Post by Sid » 2003-04-20 20:55

This is posible if u are the hub owner, then you can make a script to do it, other than that you would need to program a proxy server for the cleint (not fun). If you are the hub owner when the user sends the connect to me cmd use a script sniff it and send back a pm. Probably want to query a database for files with associated messages or something like that, mabe a better approch would be to check if there is a nfo file in the directory of the file and open it with the fso and send that to them.

-Sid
Sid

[email protected]
http://www.1stleg.com
[url=dcHub://Greed.1stleg.com]dcHub://Greed.1stleg.com[/url]

DamionNH

Post by DamionNH » 2003-04-21 11:55

Impossible for the hub owner to sniff out what a person is DL from another. The connect to me only tells the hub who requesting a connection from who. No file names are ever shown to the hub interface except for passive search results or searches for certain filenames.
Owner of Lurkers Lair a Phoenix Rising Hub

Sid

He is corret

Post by Sid » 2003-04-22 02:50

your right! i forgot about that, im very tired of the DC protocol, lacks power and Mr. Hess is playin footsie with the damn mac client. At least release the source of the original client so improvemnts can be made!
Sid

[email protected]
http://www.1stleg.com
[url=dcHub://Greed.1stleg.com]dcHub://Greed.1stleg.com[/url]