dctmp files

Know of something that might be useful to the DC community? Post it here! (Still, no advertising)

Moderator: Moderators

BW~Merlin

dctmp files

Post by BW~Merlin » 2006-10-16 01:45

Hi what can be done about stoping DC from download a file and then just leaving it as a dctmp file? At the moment I am downloading 150gb worth of files onto my second hard drive and I keep running out of room on my primary hard drive (the temp file folder is here) because DC keeps leaving what appear to be completed files as dctmp files and not renaming them and moving them onto there destination folder. Is there some way to get DC to check over the dctmp files and for it to finish the job off or do I have to manually go through each file by hand and rename and move them by myself?

TheParanoidOne
Forum Moderator

Post by TheParanoidOne » 2006-10-16 07:26

What version of DC++ are you using?
The world is coming to an end. Please log off.

DC++ Guide | Words

BW~Merlin

Post by BW~Merlin » 2006-10-16 08:05

BCDC++ 0.691a (I know it’s not DC++ but as far as I understand things it basically the same with a few add-ons, it even shows up in task manager as DC++)

Quattro

Post by Quattro » 2006-10-18 10:50

letting BCDC++ run for a while without downloads, uploads and hubs can help ;-)
but you should do this everytime you've downloaded lots and lots of data within a short period of time...

it looks like DC++ and clones can't handle the renaming if there's a lot of traffic going on. (someone else got this idea too?)
You can send a message around the world in 1/7 of a second; yet it may take several years to move a simple idea through a 1/4 inch of human skull.

BW~Merlin

Post by BW~Merlin » 2006-10-19 21:45

I left BCDC++ run for three or four days straight without shutting down the computer to get the files. According to my download queue there are no more files to download but I’m missing all the files that are in my incomplete folder. I guess the only way to get those file is to download them again one at a time.

This isn’t the first time I have come across this problem, in the past I have downloaded heaps of pics at once and have sometimes only received half of them and months later wondering around the BCDC++ folder came across the incomplete folder and found a whole stack of files that didn’t download properly for some reason. The only reason I noticed it this time is because of the low disk space warning when I knew I had plenty of free HDD space.

Quattro

Post by Quattro » 2006-10-20 04:04

i didn't say it was the solution but it sometimes works...
but if they aren't moved after 3 days then clearly something else is wrong, but i don't have enough coding experience to call it a bug this instant....
further research maybe?
You can send a message around the world in 1/7 of a second; yet it may take several years to move a simple idea through a 1/4 inch of human skull.