Pease help me!!!!

Know of something that might be useful to the DC community? Post it here! (Still, no advertising)

Moderator: Moderators

wherdaweedat

Pease help me!!!!

Post by wherdaweedat » 2006-09-29 16:26

please help me i dont know what to do!!!
im using the fuldc 0.670 client and tried the 0.68 and they all doing me the same problem:
every file that starts downloading starts with good speed and after a few second it getting down to very lame speed (lower then 1k/b!!!). i think all my firewall and router settings r fine i have checked them many times i tried to re-instal and tried to insatll newr or older versions of the client.
PLEASE HELP ME I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO AND I CANT DOWNLAD NOTHING!!!!

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Re: Pease help me!!!!

Post by GargoyleMT » 2006-09-29 18:17

wherdaweedat wrote:starts with good speed and after a few second it getting down to very lame speed (lower then 1k/b!!!)
This usually means your copy of DC++ is configured correctly, but your ISP is slowing down DC traffic. Talk to them.

wherdaweedat

the ISP is blocking my dc traffic??

Post by wherdaweedat » 2006-09-30 12:18

how can block me?!?!? and why?
am i freak in the darkness who am i misfit you speak with opinions to seek in so deep but it's alright well you just an allusion confused by your narrow mind reality is up ahead in the distance but that lack of persistence has left you behind.

eMTee

Post by eMTee » 2006-10-01 02:58

There are methods to recognise TCP packets of p2p programs. Why to block? Either to stop using p2p in their network or to save their bandwith. You forced to use no more than that average bandwith what is worth to provide for the money you pay for the connection.
Btw. double check your firewall settings because blocking by a firewall causes the same sympthoms.
Everyone's got their opinions - They'll tell ya 'bout 'em all the time... /* Spock's Beard */

wherdaweedat

it cant be the ISP

Post by wherdaweedat » 2006-10-02 04:57

because im using the dc over 3 years and im not downloding SO much so why after 6 or even more years of downloading and 3 years of downloading in dc they will block me?!?!?
i set the firewall like it said in one of the hubs, im using Tiny Firewall 6
and i configured my network corectly i checked it for alot of times and work fine in those setting.

im getting filelist of users im get resaults in serches but my dowload speed is starting at 60k/b and after one minute it goes down to 50b/s and after that it stops!
i cant realize what can the problem be!!!! SOME1 PLEASE!!!!
am i freak in the darkness who am i misfit you speak with opinions to seek in so deep but it's alright well you just an allusion confused by your narrow mind reality is up ahead in the distance but that lack of persistence has left you behind.

poy

Re: it cant be the ISP

Post by poy » 2006-10-02 09:36

wherdaweedat wrote:because im using the dc over 3 years and im not downloding SO much so why after 6 or even more years of downloading and 3 years of downloading in dc they will block me?!?!?
ask them...

wherdaweedat

r kidding???

Post by wherdaweedat » 2006-10-04 11:23

!!!!

wherdaweedat

Post by wherdaweedat » 2006-10-04 11:26

does any1 here understand something or ur all just amatures???!?!?!

cant i get a normal answer to my qustion?!?!?!?

i cant belive u people cant u help to some1 that need your help?!?!?!??

Pothead

Post by Pothead » 2006-10-04 11:36

We cannot help your fix your isp.
Mine started limiting me to 20kb/s.
Solution was a new isp.

imb

Post by imb » 2006-10-04 11:39

wherdaweedat wrote:does any1 here understand something or ur all just amatures???!?!?!

cant i get a normal answer to my qustion?!?!?!?

i cant belive u people cant u help to some1 that need your help?!?!?!??
You've been given an answer to your question but maybe you want to be spoonfed? ISPs often implement these policies not because a single user is using excessive bandwidth, but because they've decided the entire network needs to be managed in this way. So it's possibly nothing to do with your personal usage. Google your ISP and DC++ or your ISP and packet shaping and see if it sheds any more light.
"Every Englishman must have a hobby. Some like to collect the stamp, some like to make the jam, but the most fun is to a kill a little animal with a shotgun or rip them up with wild dog."