Search results don't appear in queue (sorry wrong forum!!!!)

Know of something that might be useful to the DC community? Post it here! (Still, no advertising)

Moderator: Moderators

pepito

Search results don't appear in queue (sorry wrong forum!!!!)

Post by pepito » 2006-03-12 03:53

(Can somebody move this???)

So my problem is this:

I do a search, I get results and I choose to download one of the results.

Then Dc++ (ver.0.674b) downloads the filelist of the chosen user and that's all.

It never starts downloading the files (they don't even appear in the queue).

On the other hand, if I manually download the filelist from the same user and choose to download the same files everything works fine.

This doesn't happen with all the users. Last time it occurred the other user
had the same or similar version (674ABCABC ???).

(I searched through the forum and did not find anything related to my problem)

Any suggestions?

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Re: Search results don't appear in queue (sorry wrong forum!

Post by GargoyleMT » 2006-03-12 08:56

pepito wrote:Then Dc++ (ver.0.674b) downloads the filelist of the chosen user and that's all.
That's not a DC++ version number; you're using some client based on DC++, not DC++ itself.

pepito wrote:It never starts downloading the files (they don't even appear in the queue).
The only reason it should download the file list is if you selected "download whole directory" (or if you selected "Get file list"). I've not heard of your problem happening with an unmodified copy of DC++, so it may be a bug in the client you're using.

pepito

Post by pepito » 2006-03-13 02:17

Yes, you're right, I am trying to download a complete directory.
And what happens is that it only downloads the filelist of the user but the directory never appears in the download queue and of course it doesn't download it.
Thaks for the answer.
I will try with the original DC++ client or search for an answer in the mod homepage.

Cheers.