can't download with fulDC6.7 (contains dc++ .68)

Know of something that might be useful to the DC community? Post it here! (Still, no advertising)

Moderator: Moderators

jclark

can't download with fulDC6.7 (contains dc++ .68)

Post by jclark » 2006-01-23 01:24

I was using dc++ .67 and everything was fine (except on one hub). I downloaded dc++ .68 and started getting kicked by several hubs for an incompatible client. I downloaded and installed fuldc 6.7 (comes with dc++6.8) as it was recommended by one of the hubs kicking me. I am no longer getting kicked but people can upload from me and I can't download (even file lists) ... searches just give me a blank screen even when I search "any" for the letter a or x. When I try to download a file list from someone who is getting a file from me it shows connecting and eventually goes to a connection timeout. I figured it was because I was not active. This is confounded since, as I understand it, two passive users can't download from each other -- if this is the case how are they downloading from me. I read the faq and went to settings. The DC++ connection settings don't have an active button (direct connection is in it's place).

I have a cable connection (Cox Cable) to the internet and use Windows XP Operating System. I have a rule in my Norton Internet Security to allow DC++ access to the internet.

What have I forgotten or done incorrectly?

PseudonympH
Forum Moderator

Post by PseudonympH » 2006-01-23 14:06

Everything but "passive" in the settings is a form of active mode. You might want to delete the rule for DC++ in Norton and have it re-add it. I assume based on your description that your computer is plugged directly into the router.

There is also an FAQ about this: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/6524

jclark

no router

Post by jclark » 2006-01-23 14:58

computer plugs into the cable modem. Went to the home page and read the bug report ... no such bug! Found another bit of wisdom searching the other messages on this forum and found that some of the files the program writes are being written incorrectly (for ex. email address is written as download directory, etc.) Went back to the home page and guess what, no such bug but my files are jumbled up like I just described. Tried to put in the right info but only know my personal stuff, couldn't tell if the rest of the information is written incorrectly or not.

PseudonympH
Forum Moderator

Post by PseudonympH » 2006-01-24 13:44

Meant modem, typed router. :)