Not to happen again

Know of something that might be useful to the DC community? Post it here! (Still, no advertising)

Moderator: Moderators

wmunny2

Not to happen again

Post by wmunny2 » 2005-02-03 07:58

Hi all! I have been using a program to make an http tunnel (I will not say the name of it just in case it is not fair). I am behind a proxy I do not own. After several weeks using that program and DC++, it stopped suddenly. I do not know if they saw the amount of transfers I had done or if it was just by chance, but I was not able to connect any longer to the free servers I had been using. Now, my question is: I am using a different program to tunnel the proxy, with other free servers from the last blocked ones. It works perfectly for me, but I am afraid it happens the same as before with the other program. I mean, that after using these free servers for some days, maybe they check and will not let me connect againg to them. What do you recommend me to do so as to avoid this? Thank you very much indeed!!!!!!

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2005-02-03 14:33

What do we recommend to avoid that?

Don't run DC++ on networks that don't allow it. It sounds as though your network administrator noticed that you were bypassing his rules and established new ones. It's precisely what a good administrator does.

wmunny2

Post by wmunny2 » 2005-02-04 05:58

Ok. Let´s ALL be good people.