Wireless connection

Know of something that might be useful to the DC community? Post it here! (Still, no advertising)

Moderator: Moderators

Martinhepe

Wireless connection

Post by Martinhepe » 2005-01-24 04:19

Hello. I have a problem with getting oDC to work proberly. when i try to cennect to a hub it says "Connection timeout", but sometimes i can join a hub. But i can't seach for files or see other users files. I am using a wireless connection... could that be the problem? I have read a bunch of things around about routers e.t.c.. But i don't understand it... :(

PseudonympH
Forum Moderator

Post by PseudonympH » 2005-01-24 12:02

Any reason you're still using such an outdated client?

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2005-01-24 12:58

oDC is outdated; you should switch to another client. This is the DC++ board, so we recommend/support DC++.

If you haven't configured your wireless router properly, oDC and any other internet application will fail. When you get the "connection timeout" message, that hub could be down/dead - you should try one from the public hub list to figure out if that is the case.

That you cannot search or download means that you haven't configured the router properly for active mode in DC++. You need to read the FAQ again, and perhaps look at the more detailed walkthroughs for (generic) forwarding at http://www.portforward.com.