Download problems followed by error messages

Know of something that might be useful to the DC community? Post it here! (Still, no advertising)

Moderator: Moderators

guimaraes17

Post by guimaraes17 » 2004-09-25 20:04

Hello,

I'm having trouble downloading. It starts well, then BCDC++ stops responding for a few minutes, comes back and at the bottom window, where the download information is displayed, I get one of two messages. They are:
The semaphore timeout period has expired
and
The handle is invalid.

In both cases I have to delete the entry from the download queue and re-enter in other to be able to start the download again. And all the uploads seem to be cancelled as well.

Does anyone know what's happening. I have used this program for over 1 year with no issues. These error messages started at the end of July about 2 weeks after adding a switch to my network. The switch allowed me to download and upload at much faster speeds.

Thanks in advance

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-09-26 20:23

I've never seen those messages.

Are you downloading to a networked drive?

guimaraes17

Post by guimaraes17 » 2004-09-26 21:50

Yes, I am. As a matter of fact for as long as I have used DC++, I have always downloaded to a networked drive with no problems until end of July.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-09-28 12:00

Then I suspect the drive is becoming in accessible to Windows - perhaps through some loose wiring or other physical problem - and DC++ is just reporting the error that Windows gives it after it can't reach the network share.

Time to start trouble-shooting your hardware.