I want downloads!

Know of something that might be useful to the DC community? Post it here! (Still, no advertising)

Moderator: Moderators

ralphy

I want downloads!

Post by ralphy » 2004-07-14 12:37

I am desperately trying to get my downloads working, i am using a list that i imported from rmdc++ which worked incredibly well untill a lot of the hubs started disallowing it the other day :cry: but even new downloads that i try and make will not work! It seems to be the case with oDC as well. uploads work brilliantly, but all i ever get with downloads are connection time out, no slots available (fair enough), or connecting.......wait some more.......ooh its timed out again! any way of fixing this or do i just have to wait for the new version of rmdc++?

PseudonympH
Forum Moderator

Post by PseudonympH » 2004-07-14 12:53

I don't know how ReaMthegplintheassDC does it, but I think it inherits from RevConnect, and DC++ can't resume RevConnect downloads.
Have you tried doing a clean install?
Active or passive mode?
If active, are you sure it's set up correctly?
If passive, are you sure you're trying to download from actives?

Todi
Forum Moderator

Post by Todi » 2004-07-14 12:57

GPL-breaking clients like rmDC are not supported. Return when you're running DC++ 0.403.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-07-14 14:20

One condition of being able to "have" the DC++ source is that you must release the source code to any products you make out of it. rmDC's author refuses to do so.

He's actually made a fun game out of taking code from a lot of mods, so he's ripping off a lot of DC developers and amassing quite a number of enemies.

All he'd have to do is release source code to each version he puts out.