What happened to oDC

Know of something that might be useful to the DC community? Post it here! (Still, no advertising)

Moderator: Moderators

Dooble

What happened to oDC

Post by Dooble » 2004-06-30 17:58

As there is no Forum on the official oDC Site, I'm posting this here. I think it's most likely to be read by someone who is involved in the developement of oDC (it's long ago now, but Opera is posting on this forum sometimes ;) afaik)

What about any update of oDC ? Is there still someone working on this mod ? I find the website and anything about oDC unchanged for months now. As there are severe changes going on with DC++ these days (which are good indeed), oDC is becoming more and more incompatible to it.

I thought about dropping support for oDC on Hubs I am administrating. But as there are a lot of people who like this client very much, they rather don't want to change to DC++. Any update on oDC that implements some of the new features from DC++ would be very welcome.

Xan1977
Forum Moderator

Post by Xan1977 » 2004-06-30 18:08

If I remember correctly what Gargoyle said a while ago was that Opera stopped development. And most oDC fans have switched to fulDC.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-06-30 22:28

Opera is gone. There used to be a oDC forum on dcstats.net, but because of users, it was deleted. Basically these same people drove Opera away several months ago.

And it is true that I've heard fulDC has picked up a fair number of former oDC users.

Todi
Forum Moderator

Post by Todi » 2004-07-01 02:05

How to get your fulDC to look like oDC in two simple steps.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We start with the icons...

- Download the oDC-icons on the following link:
http://paxi.myftp.org/ikoner/oDC-manos-v1.0.rar

- Unpack the files into fulDC-6.48\icons and replace existing files.

- Restart client
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And now to get the usernames bold...

- Settings\Highlights
- Write $users$
- Mark "Bold" and "Include Nick"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now your client should look quite similar to oDC.

ivulfusbar

Post by ivulfusbar » 2004-07-01 02:20

As a former oDC_forum moderator and et.c. we closed the forum down due to loads of useless input that was impossible to administrate in any rewarding way. I can not publicly comment on oDCs future but i can say that i still have daily communications with Opera. You will have to wait and see what happens.

it's-something-in-the-air-tonight-ly'ers.
Everyone is supposed to download from the hubs, - I don´t know why, but I never do anymore.

GargoyleMT
DC++ Contributor

Post by GargoyleMT » 2004-07-01 11:02

ivulfusbar wrote:i still have daily communications with Opera. You will have to wait and see what happens.
oDC is dead, don't give newbies false hopes that Opera will come back. You and I both know that's best for him.

Dooble

Post by Dooble » 2004-07-01 15:06

Thanks a lot for the reply guys, I'll have a look at fulDC.