Re: [dcdev] Encrypting ADC - a second approach
Från:
Jernej Simončič <[email protected]>
Datum:
2005-03-11 2:21
Till:
"Zdenek Stangl on [dcdev]" <[email protected]>

On Friday, March 11, 2005, 10:44:18, Zdenek Stangl wrote:

> With all due respect, Im still not sure what good is the encrypted
> connection for DC. I was out for longer time. Are there any troubles
> with anti-pirate organizations?

I think the biggest problem are content-based throttling programs that some
ISPs use - they can detect the protocol from the data sent in a connection
and then throttle more if they detect P2P. This becomes much harder to do
when encryption is set up properly.

Of course, with encryption it also becomes pretty much impossible for the
ISP to determine what you're transferring.

-- < Jernej Simoncic ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ > It's always darkest just before the lights go out. -- Clark's Law