Re: [dcdev] UTF-8 Chat for NMDC Hubs
Från:
Todd Pederzani
Datum:
2004-09-19 4:40
Till:
DCDevelopers

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 14:41:03 +0200, John Bäckstrand <[email protected]> wrote:
> I think utf-8 should be kept out of NMDC-chat/myinfo, ADC is there for a
> reason. Suddenly we have transformed NMDC into ADC, and the protocol is
> one big kludge built ontop of NMDC.

Nice point.  Plus, at the time I asked, it wasn't apparent which way
DC++ would go (the big change in current CVS source is to use UTF-8
internally).  What it does currently is to translate the UTF-8
internals to the active code page when sending to a NMDC protocol hub
(and vice versa when receiving).  This should keep users from
countries such as China [1] happy.

- Todd

[1] http://www.hublist.org/?p=search&country=CN