Re: [dcdev] adc
Från:
Fredrik Tolf
Datum:
2004-01-23 4:41
Till:
Direct Connect developers

[email protected] writes:
> At 04:17 AM 1/23/2004 +0100, you wrote:
> >[email protected] writes:
> >  > Inadequately; nondeterministic search behaviour is ultimately
> >  > counterproductive.
> >
> >What exactly do you think the flaw is?
> > In arne's words: "This is something we want to avoid I believe...if
> the system as a whole starts skipping too many searches, users will
> learn that they get different results if they search more times,
> and that's bad..."

Well, two things:

1. Since the regex searches will take almost exactly the same time
  anyway (and therefore will be aborted at almost exactly the same
  point), the users will most likely not get different results, or at
  least not that very different results.
2. Since hubs will restrict the search frequency anyway, isn't up to
  the user if he wants to search for the same thing again the next
  time he can, instead of searching for something else?

Fredrik Tolf