Re: [dcdev] adc
Från:
Fredrik Tolf
Datum:
2004-01-23 4:08
Till:
Direct Connect developers

[email protected] writes:
> At 06:30 PM 1/22/2004 +0100, you wrote:
> >I have not seen this while reading but you are right. This is
> >great, it will be the first protocol to have a built-in DoS
> >feature. DoS is good for you :)
> > Yes, because the hub broadcasting messages as it's been optimized
> for represents such an utterly catastrophic DoS channel. What,
> can't eunuchs clients handle a few unknown commands?

I really don't think that was the heart of the matter. The thing was
that with unknown broadcasted commands, you could potentially give a
command that would force compliant clients to send lots of data to an
unrelated IP address, thereby making DDoS attacks easy.

Oh, by the way, great pun there with "eunuchs". I almost smiled.

Fredrik Tolf