Re: [dcdev] adc
Från:
Fredrik Tolf
Datum:
2004-01-23 4:04
Till:
Direct Connect developers

[email protected] writes:
> At 06:40 PM 1/22/2004 +0100, you wrote:
> >I agree. That's clearly what defines a power user. Not everyone
> >has the same usage, why do you want to limit the "power" given to
> >users ?
> > Because it increases the potential to DoS clients.

In just what way would that be? If you are referring to the fact that
a specially crafted regex can take time to execute, then that issue
has already been covered in previous mails.

> >Moreover, it won't be strstr because windoz loo^H^H^Husers won't
> >understand why if they search for "toto", they don't receive files
> >like "Toto", "tOto" or any other possible case sensitive changes.
> > Wouldn't most Lindows loo^H^H^Husers encounter a similar difficulty?

I think not, since Lindows, and other GNU/Linux distributions, are
case-sensitive, and thus their users will already often be accustomed
to such behavior.

In any case, though, that was a bad example to begin with, since noone
wants DC searches to be case-sensitive, whatever O/S they come from.

Fredrik Tolf