Re: [dcdev] adc
Från:
Fredrik Tolf
Datum:
2004-01-23 11:57
Till:
Direct Connect developers

Todd Pederzani writes:
> Fredrik Tolf wrote:
> > >2. Since hubs will restrict the search frequency anyway, isn't up to
> >   the user if he wants to search for the same thing again the next
> >   time he can, instead of searching for something else?
> >  > >
> > Must this be the case?  I haven't understood why discarding searches (or > discarding searches and warning the user) is a better approach than > reordering of commands by the hub.  The cost is code complexity, but if > you can delay searches, isn't that a more elegant solution?

Nah, I'm not sure about that. What if the user accidently presses
enter like 10 times (has happened to me from time to time when I'm so
tired that I think I let the button up completely, but in fact, it's
still down and autotyping)? Then all of a sudden the user must wait
for like 2 minutes two search again.

I think that it's better to make the hub warn, and then if the user
wants delayed searches, that can be implemented in the client instead.

Fredrik Tolf