Re: [dcdev] zSearch extension
Från:
Richard Nguyen
Datum:
2003-12-20 3:06
Till:
Direct Connect developers

Isn't it better to have that extension so that hub owners can decide whether they allow searchbots in their hubs?

Richard

At 12:34 AM 12/21/2003, you wrote:
On Saturday 20 December 2003 14:23, ade wrote:
> Alright, it's about time something is done to the way
> the searchbots work..
>
> The current way it works is butt-ugly and inefficient,
> and therefore also not generally accepted.

I may speak for myself (but I don't think so according to rules I have seen on
many hubs) but I think the main problem of searchbots is the searchbot
itself. IMHO, this kind of bots is against the community/hub
concept/philosophy of DC.

Eric