RE: [dcdev] Protocol draft.
Från:
"Jacek Sieka" <[email protected]>
Datum:
2003-12-03 7:42
Till:
"'Direct Connect developers'" <[email protected]>

Ok, since everyone's doing it, I will as well...
http://dcplusplus.sf.net/ADC.htm (yes, it's an ugly filtered word htm thing
etc, but that was just to get the nice autonumbering)...I threw it together
in two hours so I've probably forgotten a bunch...
As to searching, no regexp, that's for sure...
I can strech as far as + and - to indicate what should and should not be
searched for, but ||, nested expressions etc you'll have to filter
locally...

/J

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of eric
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 6:09 PM
To: Direct Connect developers
Subject: Re: [dcdev] Protocol draft.

> I'm working on an updated draft for DCTNG, and here are some of the new
> syntax, which I find more generic.
> First of all, it's using mime-types, which I find as a good idea as it
> allows for alot of interresting ideas. (Live video or audio streaming over
> the DC protocol, anyone?).
> The draft will be updated by the end of this week.

mime-types are good but the problem is to have an common mime-type database. There is lot of mysterious type (let's say application/ms-tnef (outlook) or application/proxy (netscape)) which are only know on a single platform (or even a single program) and there is even (a lot of file) file type without mime-types (let's say .ogg and .ogm files).

Eric