Re: [dcdev] Re: New Encoding Scheme First
Från:
"Zdenek Stangl" <[email protected]>
Datum:
2003-12-02 11:17
Till:
"Direct Connect developers" <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jacek Sieka" <[email protected]>
To: "'Direct Connect developers'" <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 10:56 AM
Subject: RE: [dcdev] Re: New Encoding Scheme First

A note on scanning for eol tokens, whatever they may be, come on, it
doesn't
take any cpu...incoming data is rather small, even on a big hub, dch++ for
instance doesn't take more than 4-5% cpu overall on a 1500 user hub (1ghz
cpu...), and I can assure you that less than 0.01% of that goes to
scanning
for the end of line...therefore, imho, no command lengths in
binary...although I dislike the fact that \r\n are two characters, I tend
agree that it's good following standards, and since millions of web
servers
etc can handle millions of connections, I don't really see the problem...I
mean, wake up, turn on your profiler and have a look at where the cpu
usage
goes, I can promise you it isn't strcmp in onincomingdata...

That's what Im doing almost whole day.. And Im close to leave the
semi-binary garbage once for ever .)
Z.

/J